2016 OT Greg Little Updates (De-Commits from Texas A&M)

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Arn't the NCAA Nazis looking into Ole Sis? Seem to have heard something about that. That could certainly be a deterrent not to go to Ole Sis. Remember during the years and years of Bama being under investigation it was used against us very successfully.

Yes, a kid may get to play as a freshman LT at Ole Sis, but Saban is incredibly smart about not using up a player in his college years. The platooning of the D line is a wonderful luxury to have and results in players still having the potential of a great future in the NFL. The OL plays most every snap and the wear and tear on their joints possibly limits their NFL careers.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Arn't the NCAA Nazis looking into Ole Sis? Seem to have heard something about that. That could certainly be a deterrent not to go to Ole Sis. Remember during the years and years of Bama being under investigation it was used against us very successfully.

Yes, a kid may get to play as a freshman LT at Ole Sis, but Saban is incredibly smart about not using up a player in his college years. The platooning of the D line is a wonderful luxury to have and results in players still having the potential of a great future in the NFL. The OL plays most every snap and the wear and tear on their joints possibly limits their NFL careers.
If you listen to Saban talk about recruiting one of the main points he make to any player is that "if you are better than the other guy, you learn the position, know your responsibilities, and do what you're suppose to do, you'll play. It doesn't matter if you're a freshman or a senior. The best player that gives us the best chance to win, play to play, is the one that plays". Another point he makes is "where ever you go, you can't be drafted for three years. Why are you worried about starting as a freshman? You're not going to the NFL after your freshman year or even your sophomore year. Why do you need to get your head beat in on game day if you're really not prepared only so you can say 'I started as a freshman."? Isn't it better to be completely prepared for the possibilities of the NFL by your third year than it is to start as a freshman?"

Seems to make a lot of sense to me. And it seems to make a lot of sense to recruits.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If you listen to Saban talk about recruiting one of the main points he make to any player is that "if you are better than the other guy, you learn the position, know your responsibilities, and do what you're suppose to do, you'll play. It doesn't matter if you're a freshman or a senior. The best player that gives us the best chance to win, play to play, is the one that plays". Another point he makes is "where ever you go, you can't be drafted for three years. Why are you worried about starting as a freshman? You're not going to the NFL after your freshman year or even your sophomore year. Why do you need to get your head beat in on game day if you're really not prepared only so you can say 'I started as a freshman."? Isn't it better to be completely prepared for the possibilities of the NFL by your third year than it is to start as a freshman?"

Seems to make a lot of sense to me. And it seems to make a lot of sense to recruits.

Bingo, my man!:cool2:

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
When you look at the wear and tear of starting in the SEC it amazes me more recruits and their parents aren't focused on quality starts vs total number. Yes you can start at Vandy from day one but after four years of SEC wear and tear are you cutting your potential NFL career short. I've felt that the ideal career is to start playing as a backup in year two, start in year 3 & 4. You get the experience you need without the wear and tear of 4 years of battle.

Certainly waiting a few year has done nothing to hurt Reggie Ragland.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

The answer is "Ego" and a sense of invincibility that accompanies youth. General comment. Not necessarily saying that G. Little thinks this way. I really hope not.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
They start with the best player at his position in the SEC, Chad Kelly. Let's see what he can do without some of his good friends.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
2016 OT Greg Little Updates (De-Commits from Texas A&M)

With Treadwell and Robert K leaving Ole Miss has some salary cap opened up lol

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Re: 2016 OT Greg Little Updates (De-Commits from Texas A&M)

Freeze and company are unbelievable recruiters.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 2016 OT Greg Little Updates (De-Commits from Texas A&M)

Scout.com's Greg Powers posted this earlier:

Big news out of Greg Little.

Committed to Ole Miss, but now OU is in the mix because of the transfer to OU.

He also has some other teammates on roster there.
Would be hilarious to see him flip from Ole Miss to OU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.