Alabama Governor Orders Confederate Flag Removed

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Anything to stop looking at what is really going on. In this country we have failed at culling our nuts.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
From Gray's link:

The Confederate battle flag was unceremoniously removed from the Alabama state Capitol grounds Wednesday morning following an order from Gov. Robert Bentley (R).

"We are facing some major issues in this state regarding the budget and other matters that we need to deal with. This had the potential to become a major distraction as we go forward. I have taxes to raise, we have work to do. And it was my decision that the flag needed to come down.”

A distraction? :rolleyes:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Just a matter of time before there won't be any flags flown anywhere because someone could have their feelings hurt. Let's just take them all down now.

The rational/excuse provided by the Alabama Governor is downright childish. When does he leave office?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
First Off: Great decision by Gov Bentley.

Secondly: This comment for this article is semi hilarious

To be totally fair about it, we should also disband the Democratic Party, remove all Democratic Party Insignia and stop selling such things on Amazon and Walmart, too.

The Democratic Party was "The Party of the White Man" preceding and during the Civil War and was pro-Slavery.

True, not all Democrats supported slavery, but very few who fought for the Confederate Flag owned slaves too.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Go to ebay.com and search "Confederate Flag" and then click "Auctions" only -- if you have a Confederate Flag and want to score some cash -- it's crazy how much they are selling for.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Actually, OM removed it at least a couple of years ago. However, many Oxford residents' flags are going to become more tattered over time... :D
Yeah, I remember that now, but does the band still play "Dixie"? If so, that will be the next to go. Several years ago UGA had to drop Dixie from its band's name from the Dixie Redcoat Band to the Georgia's Redcoat Band.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yeah, I remember that now, but does the band still play "Dixie"? If so, that will be the next to go. Several years ago UGA had to drop Dixie from its band's name from the Dixie Redcoat Band to the Georgia's Redcoat Band.
they play that elvis trilogy of great hymms which has dixie, but I think they call it something else. Dixie is actually a northern song is the funny thing about it.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
And now this. I guess Ole Miss will have to cancel their football season!!!!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oldest-manufacturer-stops-production-of-confederate-flag/ar-AAc2nLI
If that company in New Jersey is going to STOP making and selling the flags, I'm sure China will jump in and make them in a cheaper version and ship them to the USA.

Why were they even making those flags in the heart of the Union? Oh! I know. To make a profit off of uneducated rednecks in the South.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What an affront to all who died betraying England in the American revolution and represented a flag that indicates oppression of the Native Americans.

I'm just saying.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.