2016 DL Khalid Kareem Updates (Committed to Notre Dame)

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Re: Does Bama have a shot with Khalid Kareen?

This probably wasn't a tough decision for the kid. Have you seen those Michigan girls?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

so does he stay at DE or go back to LB where he played before?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I love when Bama can go into a traditional powerhouse's backyard and cherry-pick the best. Sorry, Wolverines!!
Don't gloat yet. Tuscaloosa's a long way from home, Ann Arbor's 30 minutes, and January is 180 days away.

We won round one, but it's not over yet. I know it wouldn't be if the situations were reversed.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Don't gloat yet. Tuscaloosa's a long way from home, Ann Arbor's 30 minutes, and January is 180 days away.

We won round one, but it's not over yet. I know it wouldn't be if the situations were reversed.
I agree - if Michigan has a big season, this could change. But I don't see him anywhere but Alabama or Michigan.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

so does he stay at DE or go back to LB where he played before?
He or his dad was quoted saying he is going to play Jack LB but I think that all depends on how he manages his weight. He looks fast for a 260 lb guy in his video.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

I want to call him DJ Khalid, cause all he wants to do is win.

Welcome, Khalid Kareen.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Kid Sheleen? :conf3:

For all of you out there old enough to remember
Kid Shaleen: "What`s wrong with my eyes?"
Jackson Two Bears: " Well, they`re red, blood shot."
Kid Shaleen: " You ought to see `em from my side."

The late, great Lee Marvin, Cat Ballou

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

I usually laugh at responses like this, but this is true. Sunday afternoon I went to a fellow pastor's 6th anniversary -- and his brother was there from Detroit -- also a minister. We were having lunch together when he asked me about sport teams...I said Alabama and he laughed...he is Michigan. He then said, "A really good young man from my son's high school just committed to Alabama. My son really likes him and he is quite a player." Honest...a friend of a friend told me!!!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I usually laugh at responses like this, but this is true. Sunday afternoon I went to a fellow pastor's 6th anniversary -- and his brother was there from Detroit -- also a minister. We were having lunch together when he asked me about sport teams...I said Alabama and he laughed...he is Michigan. He then said, "A really good young man from my son's high school just committed to Alabama. My son really likes him and he is quite a player." Honest...a friend of a friend told me!!!
Small world.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: *** 2016 DL Khalid Kareem Commits to Alabama ***

Makes room for a 5-star...:cool2:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

According to 247 Sports Hank South:

"He hadn't heard from UA staff much lately. Both sides agreed best to go elsewhere.
Other DE prospects high on the board:
Jeffery Simmons
Terrell Hall
Marlon Davidson (Auburn commit)
Janarius Robinson (FSU commit)"

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

According to 247 Sports Hank South:

"He hadn't heard from UA staff much lately. Both sides agreed best to go elsewhere.
Other DE prospects high on the board:
Jeffery Simmons
Terrell Hall
Marlon Davidson (Auburn commit)
Janarius Robinson (FSU commit)"
Bone tweeted a few things when it was first announced to indicate this was no shock:

I've posted on TideSports more than a few times not to expect Kareem to stick with #Alabama. http://TideSports.com subscribers were aware.
I posted @TideSports after Kareem's official visit to #Alabama a few weeks ago it was probably the last time he would be in Tuscaloosa.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I wish the kid nothing but the best, can't fault him for wanting to stay close to home, with Michigan on the upswing with Harbough as their HC..It will be harder & harder to pull any kid from that area to the south..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.