The Dukes of Hazards General Lee Car is losing the Confederate Flag

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
SMH. He never had a problem with it before. It's a collector's item. No one with anything other than dog poop for brains is going to think he is a racist for owning it. And now, by painting over it, he's screwed up its value.

I have no respect for these people tripping all over themselves to try and be politically correct. In the end they reveal how disingenuous they truly are.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
So, he's also got to change the name to something other than the General Lee, right? Surely the folks whose feelings are hurt by knowing that flag is there are also hurt by knowing the car is named after the commanding officer of the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia.

I'm surprised Bubba doesn't just sell the racist car with the racist name from the racist show about racist people living in a racist town. Is he just trying to camouflage his own racism?

I bet a whole lot of the folks he is trying to impress think "Bubba" is just a redneck racist name, too.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This kind of crap right here is why you don't give in no matter what you get called.

This started with trying to soothe over bad feelings. And what happened? An immediate rush to obliterate that part of American history. (Btw - given how many people deny the Holocaust from 70 years ago, GOOD LUCK ever convincing the generation a hundred years from now that the war was about slavery. I mean, if you eradicate everything about it there are folks who will deny any war even took place. For Pete's sake, there are Argentinians who DENY the Falkland Islands War ever happened and that was in 1982).

They demand A and before you can even finish folding A, they demand B.

Which is why you don't give them A without a federal court telling you that you must. I have no attachment whatsoever to the Confederate flag at all. But the problem is that this kind of rush to eradicate is exactly why I voted in favor of Mississippi keeping the flag (that and the devious way Governor Musgrove went about it, which was even more offensive to my intelligence).

Btw, anyone noticing a problem here?

I'm told the Rebel flag needs to go because NO MATTER WHAT IT MEANS NOW to anyone, its ORIGINAL MEANING AND INTENT is racism.

I'm also told that the name Redskins has to go because NO MATTER WHAT THE ORIGINAL MEANING OR INTENT WAS (to save money and avoid confusion with the Braves), it is NOW offensive (determined arbitrarily by.....).

In other words, versatility isn't limited to advocates for such things.

My one regret? I honestly wish I knew how to make a flag cheaply. Because once Amazon and Wal-Mart jumped out of the frying pan and caused a ruckus, I know my Southerners well enough to know I could be an overnight millionaire by selling them at $150 a pop. It's simple human nature - tell folks they can't do something and watch what happens.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
My one regret? I honestly wish I knew how to make a flag cheaply. Because once Amazon and Wal-Mart jumped out of the frying pan and caused a ruckus, I know my Southerners well enough to know I could be an overnight millionaire by selling them at $150 a pop. It's simple human nature - tell folks they can't do something and watch what happens.
http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2015/06/alabama_flag_and_banner_begins.html

After the manufacturer decided to no longer supply Confederate flags to her business, Alabama Flag & Banner owner Belinda Kennedy decided to take matters into her own hands.

Starting early Friday morning, Belinda and the employees at Alabama Flag and Banner began producing Confederate flags in-store using their own materials and equipment.
And just as soon as they hit the machines, the orders came pouring in [1,000 on the first day].
Ha! And AL.com even provides a link to the company website.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
We need to use this as a recruiting tool. Hey, Mr. Blue Chip Five Star guy, did you know that other school in this state is in a county named for that racist traitor, Robert E. Lee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/30/why-some-black-defenders-of-the-confederate-flag-believe-slavery-was-a-choice/

But for Karen Cooper, a black woman who was born in New York but later settled in Virginia, the flag embodies something else entirely.

“I actually think that it represents freedom,” the ardent tea party supporter says in a video interview that’s been making the rounds online. “It represents a people who stood up to tyranny.”

I am a black South Carolinian. Here’s why I support the Confederate flag.

Cooper is a member of the Virginia Flaggers, an activist group that rejects the idea that the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism and hate.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I've asked ''where does it end?'' several times with no satisfactory answer. That's because some people are never satisfied. Hence there will be no end to this madness until we get mad enough to stop it!
I don't give in, regardless. As a matter of fact, my Stars and Bars flies at sunrise everyday!

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.