The Dukes of Hazards General Lee Car is losing the Confederate Flag

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
They ought to just edit all the shows. Rename the car the General Grant, make it blue with an American flag on the roof. Move the location to upstate New York.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Hey FormerSoldier, my wife and I went to Jasper about 3 years ago to buy a car. Coming from Huntsville. We saw what seemed liked an awful lot of Confederate flags on the two lane road from the interstate to Jasper. What's up with that. Didn't some white supremos around jasper get caught trying to blow up something a couple of years ago?

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
We saw what seemed liked an awful lot of Confederate flags on the two lane road from the interstate to Jasper.
Hwy 69
What's up with that.
Uh, I don't know. Maybe they think it keeps away seebells.
Didn't some white supremos around jasper get caught trying to blow up something a couple of years ago?
The only thing that comes to mind is the couple that called in a bomb threat as a diversion for a bank robbery. I'm not aware of their personal views.
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/12/jasper_man_pleads_guilty_to_ca.html

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
This is just silly. I used to watch the show when I was a kid. The Dukes were not racists nor did the show promote racism. Blacks rarely appeared on the show, nor did they appear on many other shows of that era. But the Dukes always seemed to want to help the less fortunate and would probably be friendly towards minorities. They would be the first to step up and defend a black that Boss Hogg was trying to rip off.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
I have been waiting for cries from the Native American population to remove the American flag. Then I remembered they have dignity.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I didn't realize Dukes of Hazard was about the racist south? Hmph, I guess I watched a different show as a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
The General Lee really is losing the Confederate flag...
Bubba Watson, the world's third-ranked golfer, announced on Twitter on Thursday afternoon that he would have a U.S. flag painted over the Confederate battle flag on the roof of the General Lee, the car used on the TV show "The Dukes of Hazzard."
Watson bought the 1969 Dodge Charger used on the 1980s television comedy for $110,000 at the Barrett-Jackson Collectible Car Auction in 2012.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/07/bubba_watson_to_replace_confed.html#incart_more_sports

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.