Texas A&M only leaves the state of Texas 3 times next year.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
The "easy" 2015 schedule will just be another nail in the coffin for Sumy. Ags are in a tough position paying Sumy $5 million a year for mediocre (at best) results. Even though they went after albeit whiffed on Muschamp, does the Chavis hire really scare anyone? This is Sumy's 4th year and would a 8-5 (possibly 4-4 in conference) season really be worth another $5 million? Up to this point, Sumy hasn't proven he can develop players although he is recruiting better than Strong (the ol' ex-rival) so at least the Ags have that. Sumy is primed to be "Sabanized" come Oct 17.

Honestly I hope they keep him around :party:

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Playing at home (Kyle Field) is not good for Texas A&M. Since 2010 they have a .421 winning percentage at home. On the road they are .651. We have them at Kyle.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The "easy" 2015 schedule will just be another nail in the coffin for Sumy. Ags are in a tough position paying Sumy $5 million a year for mediocre (at best) results. Even though they went after albeit whiffed on Muschamp, does the Chavis hire really scare anyone? This is Sumy's 4th year and would a 8-5 (possibly 4-4 in conference) season really be worth another $5 million? Up to this point, Sumy hasn't proven he can develop players although he is recruiting better than Strong (the ol' ex-rival) so at least the Ags have that. Sumy is primed to be "Sabanized" come Oct 17.

Honestly I hope they keep him around :party:
Chavis did better against us than Muschamp, and Chavis has been the best DC to coach against the HUNH in the SEC, so I guess it is somewhat alarming.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I'm trying to figure out what your purpose in even mentioning this is.

That Florida plays a soft schedule?

So if they would, say, drop Florida State (a pretty consistent powerhouse since 1987) and replace them with......SMU or Indiana or UAB......you think that would make your argument better?

This is a B1G Ten talking point, and it's a farce from the word "go." SO WHAT if they haven't played outside the state of Florida? Florida is the largest state in the SEC (well, second to Missouri in size but that's irrelevant when the discussion concerns pre-2012).

I'm still trying to get WHY this is even a talking point.
The thread title refers to aTm not leaving the State of Texas. My comment refers to UF not leaving the State of Florida. Nothing more, nothing less.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.