Texas A&M only leaves the state of Texas 3 times next year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Is this an unfair scheduling advantage that they have two neutral site games 2hrs away, and only go to a true road game 3 times against Vandy, Ole miss, and LSU? and their first true road game is on the 24th of October.

Texas A&M Aggies

Season: 2008200920102011201220132014201520162017

2015 Texas A&M Aggies Football Schedule

Date
Opponent
Time/TV
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 5

Arizona State Sun Devils
NRG Stadium, Houston, TX
6:00 p.m. CT
ESPN
Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Sep. 12

Ball State Cardinals
Kyle Field, College Station, TX
6:00 p.m. CT
ESPNU
Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Sep. 19

Nevada Wolf Pack
11:00 a.m. CT
SECN
Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Sep. 26

at Arkansas Razorbacks
AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
TBA
Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 3

Mississippi State Bulldogs
TBA
Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 10
---
Open Date
---
---
Saturday
Oct. 17

Alabama Crimson Tide
TBA
Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 24

at Ole Miss Rebels
Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, MS
TBA
Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 31

South Carolina Gamecocks
TBA
Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 7

Auburn Tigers
TBA
Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 14

Western Carolina Catamounts
TBA
Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 21

at Vanderbilt Commodores
Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN
TBA
Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 28

at LSU Tigers
Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA
TBA
Buy

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Is this an unfair scheduling advantage that they have two neutral site games 2hrs away, and only go to a true road game 3 times against Vandy, Ole miss, and LSU? and their first true road game is on the 24th of October.
No different than the years we play at AU and have all 4 non-conference games in Tuscaloosa. (I know we have been playing a non-conference in ATL or Dallas but, the ATL games are pretty much a home game. )

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Good call, 81. What a great schedule (if you're an Aggie!).
Still 4 losses or more on that schedule. (BAMA, AU, LSU, for sure and at least 1 out of Arky, Miss St, Az St and Ole Miss. They are 8-4 at best, most likely 7-5 or 6-6... )The defense will not be that much better and the offense isn't the same without Manziel. The new QB coming in is being hyped as the next Manziel... He was an idiot not to take the first round MLB draft $$$ b/c he isn't Johnny football or even close...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
UF has left the State of Florida more than 3 times in even numbered years only twice in the entire history of the SEC (1932-present)! In 1948 they played at GT, at Furman, at UK, and at Bama. In 1954 they played at Rice, at GT, at LSU, and at ut.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
UF has left the State of Florida more than 3 times in even numbered years only twice in the entire history of the SEC (1932-present)! In 1948 they played at GT, at Furman, at UK, and at Bama. In 1954 they played at Rice, at GT, at LSU, and at ut.
But this ignores:

a) they play UGA EVERY YEAR in the Gator Bowl by mutual agreement of the two schools

b) they play Florida State, one of the most consistent powers in CFB since 1987, every single year

c) "More than 3 times" would be four. Teams had a ten-game schedule until 1965.

d) during the years of 11 game schedules, they played BOTH Miami AND Florida State every year from 1965-1988.

And remember that until the early 80s, they weren't ever any good anyway.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
But this ignores:

a) they play UGA EVERY YEAR in the Gator Bowl by mutual agreement of the two schools

b) they play Florida State, one of the most consistent powers in CFB since 1987, every single year

d) during the years of 11 game schedules, they played BOTH Miami AND Florida State every year from 1965-1988.

You missed the fact that they haven't played an OOC game outside the State of Florida in any numbered year since 1991. i wasn't ignoring anything. I was simply addressing the topic as briefly and as matter of factly as the two sentence OP.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
But this ignores:

True. However, the Texas A&M/Arkansas series at JerryWorld is a mutually agreed arrangement much like the Jacksonville site being home of the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. I think it was a 10 year agreement, signed before A&M joined the SEC and the schools agreed to finish out the series after A&M left the Big 12. Seems like it will go back to an on campus game each year after the 10 year agreement is up.

Not saying you didn't know that or were ignoring it, I'm just pointing out the similarity that A&M has with Florida on your point a.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I bthink in the old Southwest Conference days that A&M and Texas both, often, had years when they did not leave the state. Even for the bowl game.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You missed the fact that they haven't played an OOC game outside the State of Florida in any numbered year since 1991.
I'm trying to figure out what your purpose in even mentioning this is.

That Florida plays a soft schedule?

So if they would, say, drop Florida State (a pretty consistent powerhouse since 1987) and replace them with......SMU or Indiana or UAB......you think that would make your argument better?

This is a B1G Ten talking point, and it's a farce from the word "go." SO WHAT if they haven't played outside the state of Florida? Florida is the largest state in the SEC (well, second to Missouri in size but that's irrelevant when the discussion concerns pre-2012).

I'm still trying to get WHY this is even a talking point.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm trying to figure out what your purpose in even mentioning this is.

That Florida plays a soft schedule?

So if they would, say, drop Florida State (a pretty consistent powerhouse since 1987) and replace them with......SMU or Indiana or UAB......you think that would make your argument better?

This is a B1G Ten talking point, and it's a farce from the word "go." SO WHAT if they haven't played outside the state of Florida? Florida is the largest state in the SEC (well, second to Missouri in size but that's irrelevant when the discussion concerns pre-2012).

I'm still trying to get WHY this is even a talking point.
I agree FSU and Miami are way diffrent than Gainsville. I think my point is aTm plays no team that is located in the state of Texas but has 9 games in that state with the furthest game in Dallas in which it is 2 hrs and some change. I can understand that Ark vs aTm is an agreed on thing like UGA vs UF, but playing ASU in Houston is no different than playing them in College Station. I just kinda found it odd that they probably have the most favorable schedule in the SEC and only leave their state 3 times.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm trying to figure out how OUR schedule is REALLY "significantly" different:

Wisconsin (Arlington, TX)
MTSU (home)
Ole Miss (home)
ULM (home)
UGA (Athens - 277 miles, 4.5 hours)
Ark (home)
ATM (College Station, TX - 643 miles, 10.5 hours)
Tenn (home)
LSU (home)
MSU (Starkville - 81 miles, 1.5 hours)
CS (home)
Auburn (Auburn - 160 miles, 3 hours)

Both teams have seven home games.

We have one neutral site game 643 miles away and they have a ROAD game 630 miles away.

We have a road game 277 miles away against a ranked foe and they have one 360 miles away against LSU, probably a ranked foe.

We have another road game 81 miles away and they have another one 775 miles away (Vandy).

EDITED TO ADD - yes, I overlooked the 622 mile trip to ATM when looking at things here.

We have an in-state road game 160 miles away and they have TWO neutral site games in-state 277 total miles away against a conference rival traveling 352 miles (and I'll bet it's even distribution for that game, too).

If the point is that Vandy isn't any good and UGA is, fine, but both of us play on the road anyway - and that would be true regardless of how many times ATM leaves Texas.

It's a CONVENIENT schedule if you're an Aggie and don't want to drive all those miles, yes. But then again, in 2017 they go to LOS ANGELES to play UCLA in the opener. Meanwhile, we play Fresno State in a one-time shot at home. Which team do you really think is better?

It all balances out long-term.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I agree FSU and Miami are way diffrent than Gainsville. I think my point is aTm plays no team that is located in the state of Texas but has 9 games in that state with the furthest game in Dallas in which it is 2 hrs and some change. I can understand that Ark vs aTm is an agreed on thing like UGA vs UF, but playing ASU in Houston is no different than playing them in College Station. I just kinda found it odd that they probably have the most favorable schedule in the SEC and only leave their state 3 times.
They probably do this year.

But it won't matter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.