Link: Alcohol a go at Texas longhorns games

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
With Charlie Strong as coach, I have a feeling they're going to need it.
I disagree. Texas is a near impossible job. I'm a big Charlie Strong fan. I just think he took the wrong job. Had he waited a year, the Florida job was all but his for the taking. He was a DC under Spurrier and Meyer. He recruited Florida heavily for Louisville. He punched his HC ticket at Louisville and had great success. He just made a bad career move taking the TX job. The boosters never wanted him. That should have been a tell tale sign not to take it. Oh well, he made it and he's going to have to deal with it. I think he would have been a hero in Gainesville after the disaster hire of Will Muschamp.

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
I disagree. Texas is a near impossible job. I'm a big Charlie Strong fan. I just think he took the wrong job. Had he waited a year, the Florida job was all but his for the taking. He was a DC under Spurrier and Meyer. He recruited Florida heavily for Louisville. He punched his HC ticket at Louisville and had great success. He just made a bad career move taking the TX job. The boosters never wanted him. That should have been a tell tale sign not to take it. Oh well, he made it and he's going to have to deal with it. I think he would have been a hero in Gainesville after the disaster hire of Will Muschamp.
I see what you mean, and I should clarify my previous post. I think Strong is a very capable coach. His last two years at Louisville were impressive. However, I think he's in a no-win situation in Austin. He wasn't the slam dunk, earth shattering hire they wanted.
We all know who has THAT distinction. I think Charlie will improve their records in the coming years, but it won't be enough to appease their rabid fanbase. I see Charlie being kicked out in a few years and, if Nick hasn't already retired, they might go after him again.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I see what you mean, and I should clarify my previous post. I think Strong is a very capable coach. His last two years at Louisville were impressive. However, I think he's in a no-win situation in Austin. He wasn't the slam dunk, earth shattering hire they wanted.
We all know who has THAT distinction. I think Charlie will improve their records in the coming years, but it won't be enough to appease their rabid fanbase. I see Charlie being kicked out in a few years and, if Nick hasn't already retired, they might go after him again.
Agreed. He'll be lucky to be employed at UT after this season to be perfectly honest.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
This is spot on and I could see CNS leaving Lake Burton for Austin.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.