Apple Removes Civil War Games from App Store

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
I guess now we know why the good guys in the new Star Wars movie will be the resistance and not the rebellion!

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
We've reached a point in society that anything that is uncomfortable or unseemly, even when displayed in a proper historical context and used by many as a teaching tool, shall not be allowed for fear of offending a relative minority. I would wager if properly polled not 20% would take issue with a flag that is portrayed within a video game in the proper context of a military units.

But proper arguments and debate of understanding don't fit within a 140 characters or less. Both sides are guilty of this.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Probably wrong thread to post this in...but at some point in the future, do they see us as an embarrassment and try to erase us from the data file?

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
We've reached a point in society that anything that is uncomfortable or unseemly, even when displayed in a proper historical context and used by many as a teaching tool, shall not be allowed for fear of offending a relative minority. I would wager if properly polled not 20% would take issue with a flag that is portrayed within a video game in the proper context of a military units.

But proper arguments and debate of understanding don't fit within a 140 characters or less. Both sides are guilty of this
*LIKE*

I wish I had said this. Especially the last paragraph.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
um, apple, as a player in the market made this decision based on their business.
Um, Apple, is a provider for the market. No one asked for this. the market DIDN'T demand this. If the market demanded it, please send a link. I'd love to see a collection of consumers asking for the removal of the games.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Um, Apple, is a provider for the market. No one asked for this. the market DIDN'T demand this. If the market demanded it, please send a link. I'd love to see a collection of consumers asking for the removal of the games.
apple is a key player in the market. they make their decisions based on what they think their customers expect.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
apple is a key player in the market. they make their decisions based on what they think their customers expect.
It's your belief that the actual market for these video games "expect" those games not to be historically accurate?

You're right that they are player in the market making this decision, but that does not mean this was a market-driven decision.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It's your belief that the actual market for these video games "expect" those games not to be historically accurate?

You're right that they are player in the market making this decision, but that does not mean this was a market-driven decision.
it is market based to the extent that they think it will be to their financial advantage to do this based on how they expect the market to react. they may be wrong, but i doubt it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.