Former UGA QB Jacob Park Tells Joe Schad He's Visiting Alabama This Weekend

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Good QB, but he is showing a lack of maturity, IMO. Not sure why Alabama would be interested.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'll take the guys on roster, and commited recruits any day before this guy. Just my 1¢
I'm sure Alec Morris is better than Park. :rolleyes:

ESPN ranked Park as the fourth-best dual-threat quarterback and 93rd-best overall prospect in last year's recruiting class.

Park threw for 3,665 yards and 33 touchdowns as a senior at Stratford High School in 2013 while leading his team to a state championship.
Story

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think it's fair to consider the situation with Park. First, he was recruited by Alabama, in fact Alabama is one of two teams (the other being Georgia) listed as having used two guys to recruit him. So, Alabama offered him, they went after him, that much is apparent.

Secondly, Greyson Lambert, an experienced quarterback is transferring to Georgia, and Jacob Eason the #1 QB committed to Georgia. So, it's not much of a stretch that Park might have wanted to go to Alabama, considered the situation to be a bit better at Georgia (he was recruited by Nuss) and now things have changed at both places. I don't think that says anything bad about the kid.

A lot of people want to kind of bash transfers and I get that it's preferable if they just come to Alabama in the first place, but Alabama has guys transfer out and usually we wish them well. Guys like Dee Hart, or Phillip Ely, there's reasons, we get that and so on. But why on earth should Alabama only have guys transfer out and not have anyone transfer in? There's a signing limit, remember, so transfers lost are a -1 to the limits and you have to get some transfers in or else you'll end up shorthanded.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The QB roster management leaves a lot to be desired. Bama has reached out to just about every QB transfer that comes available. Starting to get a little heavy on the #s considering how many QBs we have on the roster/scholarship. Seems like there needs to be a overhaul of how we evaluate and/or develop the QB position..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Our QB position has turned into a complete circus at this point. Bama has reached out to just about every QB transfer that comes available. Starting to get a little ridiculous considering how many QBs we have on the roster/scholarship. Seems like there needs to be a complete overhaul of how we evaluate and/or develop the QB position..

TBH I think Kiffin might be the best qb recruiter we have had in the last 9 years.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I dont know why everyone getting upset..> Dude will redshirt this year and most likely be part of Qb competition next year with cornwell, Barnett. I dont see any issue with it.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
TBH I think Kiffin might be the best qb recruiter we have had in the last 9 years.
I think it's way to early to call Kiffin the best anything when he's only been here one year. Especially calling him the best QB recruiter when it takes several years to see if a recruits pans out or not..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I dont know why everyone getting upset..> Dude will redshirt this year and most likely be part of Qb competition next year with cornwell, Barnett. I dont see any issue with it.
Along with Cooper Bateman and Alec Morris and the one QB we have signed in this class and the other QB we will sign in this class. Anyone who can throw a football head on down to T-Town..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He has been there one whole season and is giving up on his future at Georgia because of where he perceives himself to be on their depth chart.
He also committed to play for Mike Bobo, who is now gone to Colorado State. Could it be he didn't see himself doing well in the new system and realizing Brice Ramsey fits what UGA wants to do better?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Ive come the conlusion that there are a good deal of people that beleive that anyone that was a highly recruited high school player and committed to Alabama should play just because they are committed to Alabama, and they will be great in all they do from the time they step on BDS til the time they play in the NFL. You can see that with the Braxton Miller and any thread about a Bama player struggling in the NFL. Me personally, if this kid can win for us then lets bring him home.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Along with Cooper Bateman and Alec Morris and the one QB we have signed in this class and the other QB we will sign in this class. Anyone who can throw a football head on down to T-Town..

I look at the QB depth like this:

Alec Morris -- clearly a guy Mac thought he could develop but otherwise just a career backup
Cooper Bateman -- highly touted recruit that didn't get a scholarship offer from Southern Cal
David Cornwell -- very, very talented QB that has plenty of upside
Blake Barnett -- another very talented QB, but the first one of Kiffin's picking

All of the QB transfer talk makes me believe Kiffin wants more of his guys because he only has one on campus ATM. He didn't bother offering Bateman, who was the #4 pro-style QB in the nation and not too far away from Southern Cal. Connecting those dots, I'm not sure how confident Kiffin is in Bateman as a possible starter. Therefore, he only has two guys (Cornwell and Barnett) that he believes can lead the team.

Remember, he wanted Blake Sims when he was in Knoxville. He already knew what Blake could be.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
BTW, I have nothing against Jacob Park. Just seems like our process of recruiting and developing QBs leaves a lot to be desired..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I look at the QB depth like this:

Alec Morris -- clearly a guy Mac thought he could develop but otherwise just a career backup
Cooper Bateman -- highly touted recruit that didn't get a scholarship offer from Southern Cal
David Cornwell -- very, very talented QB that has plenty of upside
Blake Barnett -- another very talented QB, but the first one of Kiffin's picking

All of the QB transfer talk makes me believe Kiffin wants more of his guys because he only has one on campus ATM. He didn't bother offering Bateman, who was the #4 pro-style QB in the nation and not too far away from Southern Cal. Connecting those dots, I'm not sure how confident Kiffin is in Bateman as a possible starter. Therefore, he only has two guys (Cornwell and Barnett) that he believes can lead the team.

Remember, he wanted Blake Sims when he was in Knoxville. He already knew what Blake could be.
Good post. That's pretty much how I see the QB depth also. I just don't think the solution is to take a flyer on every QB transfer. Just don't want to end up with 8-9 QBs on roster like we had recently.

I guess I don't see the need to take a transfer if, next year, we for sure will have Cornwell and Barnett to battle for the starting position + Bateman and Morris as backups + Jalen Hurts + if we sign another QB in this class. We may have one transfer out but that still leaves us with 5 QBs next year as it stands now..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.