FSU QB De'Andre Johnson kicked off team for punching a woman

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: FSU QB De'Andre Johnson suspended indefinitely; source says he punched woman

The Tallahassee Democrat got the surveillance video. Johnson and the female come into the frame about the 1:45 mark. Click

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Re: FSU QB De'Andre Johnson suspended indefinitely; source says he punched woman

The Tallahassee Democrat got the surveillance video. Johnson and the female come into the frame about the 1:45 mark. Click
It appears to be tit-for-tat, but I can't see it all or hear the words. Did the woman start pushing him with her back when he first walked up? Or was he pushing her?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

It appears to be tit-for-tat, but I can't see it all or hear the words. Did the woman start pushing him with her back when he first walked up? Or was he pushing her?
I'm sorry but that part in bold just sounds wrong. It was back and forth though, clearly...

However, he punched her in the face. That's all there is to it. He didn't seem to do it lightly either. If we're now at the point that it's absolutely, 100% unforgivable for a player at Alabama to do that, regardless of circumstance, then it's absolutely, 100% unforgivable for anyone to do that. Did she act inappropriately? Absolutely, did a football player punch her in the face? We all know the answer to that.

Also, let me add... clearly he's a punk. He was trying to push his way to the front, and I've been provoked by females before, guess how many I've punched in the face? The answer for the record is 0.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I'm sorry but I don't see how someone could watch that video and say that was "an eye for an eye." Her "punch" (if you want to call it that) barely grazed him and then he cocks back his arm and punches her squarely in the face. Not to mention the disproportionate amount of strength that he has over her. Not saying she is 100% innocent in the situation but he is 100% guilty..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

I don't think there is anything close to tit-for-tat there. The girl halfheartedly offers a weak little poke and he fires a real punch. No way to justify his actions. No way he could sensibly claim to really feel threatened by her actions.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Young men (football players or not) need to realize the upshot of the world we now live in: a post-Ray Rice world. You don't punch a women. period. You walk away if you have to, but you just don't throw that punch. Major college programs and the NFL are just not going to turn a blind eye or see how close to the Ray Rice coldcock punch they will allow players to get. Nobody wants to be in the same county with a Ray Rice-level of violence.

Twenty years ago, some university staffs (and NFL front offices) might look at that video and say, "Tell me again, how fast is this dude? What's his vertical leap?" No more.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Depends on who you believe. According to the victim, one of Winston's friends taped a portion of the rape with his phone. That phone was wiped before the player was asked for it months later. Color me surprised that the tape survived in this case. That PD is as corrupt as they come.
Actually the friend of JW said he had video of consensual sex occurring. This video of De'Andre there is no doubt what happened. He will never play football again. They should send him to jail than home do not pass go.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Actually the friend of JW said he had video of consensual sex occurring. This video of De'Andre there is no doubt what happened. He will never play football again. They should send him to jail than home do not pass go.
I'll be reeeeeeeeeeeally interested to see whether or not that turns out to be the case...

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL

Jimbo will come down on him hard. I expect him to be suspended for the entire month of July.
If you watch the video past the punch, you can see blood on the bar. He hit her pretty hard.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

These days, when guys do something wrong during the off-season, they don't mess around.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems to me the things players do to get in trouble generally have gotten more severe or violent over the past five years or so.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I should have made it clear that I was not implying he was angel. I guess we see different things on the video. I see a woman who got in his face and looked like she was jawing at him. Not a good idea to antagonize a FSU player. Maybe she learned her lesson.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I should have made it clear that I was not implying he was angel. I guess we see different things on the video. I see a woman who got in his face and looked like she was jawing at him. Not a good idea to antagonize a FSU player.
You're right. We see different things. I see it this way:

1. She tries to get to the bar.
2. He tries to muscle his way around her.
3. She makes a comment to him about it.
4. He makes a comment back to her, which makes her get defensive.
5. She pushes him.
6. He rares back and decks her.

I won't argue she was jawing at him, but I believe she is jawing at him because he tried to get around her to get to the bar first. When she makes a comment (which many of us would do) to point out she's in front of him, he makes a comment bad enough to make her get defensive.

Maybe she learned her lesson.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And hopefully he learned his lesson and won't be on Florida State's team any longer.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Yeah, the video that you know... after he talked to lawyers and was alerted of the situation he decided to delete.

Think about this, he supposedly had a video that would exonerate Winston, show consensual sex. So, what does he do when he hears there is a problem? He gets rid of it. If you want to use anything that he said as "proof" of Winston's innocence, you're ignoring the facts of the situation. On that note it's odd that Winston could leave bruises on his victim and nothing at all can come of that, another FSU player, his victim goes on social media to show what he did to her. Nothing comes of that. The standard of proof for an FSU player's guilt is insanely high apparently.

dvil doc

1st Team
Dec 3, 2014
Northern Virginia

"Mens and womens don't like getting hit upside the head."

- Deacon Jones

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

I should have made it clear that I was not implying he was angel. I guess we see different things on the video. I see a woman who got in his face and looked like she was jawing at him. Not a good idea to antagonize a FSU player. Maybe she learned her lesson.
Go back and watch again. He grabbed the girl to manhandle her before he punched her.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Even Jimbo's spinning ain't gonna keep this dude around

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.