FSU QB De'Andre Johnson kicked off team for punching a woman

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: FSU QB De'Andre Johnson suspended indefinitely; source says he punched woman

Ive always said he will be back on the team. We really dont know the whole story... What I wanted to see is both of them getting charged...
Or neither - I am fine with either outcome. If the police or the girl drop these charges and FSU reinstates him I might snicker a bit but this one incident should not be allowed to ruin his future, IMO.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: FSU QB De'Andre Johnson suspended indefinitely; source says he punched woman

BINGO! Both was in the wrong.
Or neither - I am fine with either outcome. If the police or the girl drop these charges and FSU reinstates him I might snicker a bit but this one incident should not be allowed to ruin his future, IMO.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

You may be fine allowing this young back on your team at OSU, but I'd prefer we not keep 'men' like this at Bama.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

You may be fine allowing this young back on your team at OSU, but I'd prefer we not keep 'men' like this at Bama.
He hit the woman, and deserves to pay for that, but I do not believe that his life or football career should end over this incident. I really don't care whether or not you agree with me here - just stating my opinion.

As for OSU/Alabama - I don't think that either would take a chance on this guy at this point. He may have to go with a smaller school somewhere. Consequences.

ETA - I am not trying to start something. I know that some people see violence against women as unforgivable and I wouldn't begin to tell people that their feelings on this matter are wrong. I just hate to see a life ruined over a stupid fight in a bar at age 19.

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

I agree completely. Plus, I don't believe than an incident like this, by itself, will ruin anybody's life.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I agree completely. Plus, I don't believe than an incident like this, by itself, will ruin anybody's life.
If he is convicted, his list of career options shrinks appreciably. Just looking at my life, neither my current nor former employer would hire someone with a violent conviction on their record. Background checks are pretty standard right now. Heck, since social media and web searches are now used by HR departments, a conviction may not even matter at this point.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

If he is convicted, his list of career options shrinks appreciably. Just looking at my life, neither my current nor former employer would hire someone with a violent conviction on their record. Background checks are pretty standard right now. Heck, since social media and web searches are now used by HR departments, a conviction may not even matter at this point.
I know two people who have convictions for similar violent crimes and both of them have decent to good careers. One is in my men’s group. When he was in his 20s, he was convicted (assault and battery, I think) for hitting a friend’s date because she attacked him when he took her keys away from him at a party because she was knee-walking drunk. He lost his temper and decked her. He was contacted by another company in his field last year and got an interview. When he met with them, he told them about the conviction in the first interview, admitted he was wrong and told them that he had never done anything similar before or since. They hired him and he got a raise and better benefits than his previous job. He told us he had done that in every interview he’d ever had. A few companies said, “hey, thanks for coming in” and showed him the door. But, most didn’t.

If Johnson has talent, he’s going to get a chance to play somewhere else where he can get an education. Even if he doesn’t make it to the NFL, if he gets a degree, somebody will give him a chance with a job. Assuming he doesn’t do anything else stupid. Of course, his options will be limited, but he’ll get a chance from some employers. Things won’t be as easy as if he’d never hit the girl, but where he goes from here is up to him.

But, let’s be honest. There’s no way this dude is going to go to trial, much less be convicted if he does.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Are the names of the people in those comments real? :conf2:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

But, let’s be honest. There’s no way this dude is going to go to trial, much less be convicted if he does.
In this town, too true. But if FSU really has cut ties with him, all bets are off.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Catfish....I think your friend's situation is different. Hitting someone to stop them from driving drunk is not the same as hitting someone when they were mad you cut in front of them at a bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Catfish....I think your friend's situation is different. Hitting someone to stop them from driving drunk is not the same as hitting someone when they were mad you cut in front of them at a bar.
He didn't hit her to keep her from driving drunk. He'd already her keys. He hit her because he lost his temper. But, the reason doesn't really matter. My point was that he had a conviction and it hadn't ruined his life.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

In high school, a girl hauled off and slapped the living crap out of me, because I rolled her yard and then joked about it. I mean, she drew back and followed through and rattled me. I did nothing, because I was raised to believe you don't hit girls, period. If my life were in danger, different story, but Johnson should have taken his slap and walked away. Two drunk kids doing stupid stuff - but you still don't hit the girl.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
You don't hit women. End of story. It's akin to hitting children. 7/10 times as a man you will be physically superior to her and capable of doing serious damage to her. That doesn't even begin to cover the moral side of this issue.

Also this is just another incident in his life if I'm not mistaken. Aren't the others sealed because he was under age?

Last edited:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
The video makes the difference.

They had video of the "consensual sex" Jameis Winston had with his accuser, but after the authorities notified his lawyer that video disappeared. I wonder what it showed?

The running-back that punched the girl outside the bar was charged with a misdemeanor if I recall correctly. No video, lesser outrage and charge.

It's the mentality created by us and the recruiting services along with coaches and schools wanting to keep their best players eligible to play ball. They are so used to being untouchable.

The Vandy players also took video, just didn't make it disappear. I bet they wish they had. The girl didn't even know what all happened to her until she watched it on video.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.