FSU QB De'Andre Johnson kicked off team for punching a woman

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Re: FSU QB De'Andre Johnson suspended indefinitely; source says he punched woman

Assuming they were both legally carrying (I believe he's underage), chances are there wouldn't have been an altercation at all.
Channeling my college logic professor: I'm not following your reasoning. Please expound.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Re: FSU QB De'Andre Johnson suspended indefinitely; source says he punched woman

She definitely threw the first punch.

He should have just walked away with how our society views violence against women.

It may not seem fair.....but many things in life are not fair.

You just don't hit women....even if they throw the first punch.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I was responding to the hypo of someone setting him up.

we shouldn't have players who getting sloppy drunk in a bar and punch out women.

if he were my son, I wouldn't be telling him "well, son, she started it...so you finished it."

it be saying "wth were you doing?"
Agreed - We have boys and they have been raised to be gentlemen (or sexists, as some women would suggest). I hope and expect that they would walk away. Bit I would also be pretty upset with them for being in a bar at age 19. Not against drinking, even at that age, but am against putting yourself in a situation that can ruin your future.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Looks like she stuck a knee up toward his groin too....(knee jerk reaction?)

He should have just turned away and left.....not worth the trouble.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Former Tuscaloosa News Alabama beat writer and current NFL.com writer Chase Goodbread has had some tweets about the girls actions since the video was released. I believe someone already posted one, but I'll post again in case I dreamed seeing the post.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Channeling my college logic professor: I'm not following your reasoning. Please expound.
Without diving too far into the non-sports aspect of the conversation, folks who carry legally commit crimes at a far lower rate than any other segment of society, police included.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Former Tuscaloosa News Alabama beat writer and current NFL.com writer Chase Goodbread has had some tweets about the girls actions since the video was released. I believe someone already posted one, but I'll post again in case I dreamed seeing the post.

Tried to find the tweets but couldn't, '91.

I did, however, find this one, which is not the first time I've heard this opinion / observation...

Chase Goodbread ‏@ChaseGoodbread Jul 6 My opinion, don't believe girl in video w/ FSU QB raised hand to strike. Thumb pointing behind her. Think she was pointing to bar w/ thumb.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

It takes a particular mindset to follow that type logic. Often, that point of view can be based on distorted stats.
I'm not one of the types you imply - the stats, if you bother to look at them, support what I posted. Those who legally carry commit fewer crimes than most any group.

If we wish to pursue this further, let me know and I'll grab these posts and move them to a NonSports thread.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

http://espn.go.com/college-football...was-provoked-woman-racial-remarks-lawyer-says

Well it seems like he is blaming it on a racist remark. I wonder if it has any weight to it
Textbook victimhood. I'm cornered and I'm black and the other person isn't? Whip out the race card. Especially since there's no audio - how you gonna prove something did NOT happen, switches the narrative.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012

I'm not one of the types you imply - the stats, if you bother to look at them, support what I posted. Those who legally carry commit fewer crimes than most any group.

If we wish to pursue this further, let me know and I'll grab these posts and move them to a NonSports thread.

The only problem with the stats is going to be they don't reflect 2 drunks in a bar carrying. Not a good idea to be carrying in a bar at all...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Ive always said he will be back on the team. We really dont know the whole story... What I wanted to see is both of them getting charged...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.