Here we go again: Expansion carousel

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Ohio State, Michigan, and Nebraska DO NOT want Texas. Heck Nebraska's main reason to move was to get away from Texas. The big 10 only wanted ND to steal the NBC deal and keep the rivalries intact. If the Big XII dissolves then Kansas would become the top team on everyone's list, and Oklahoma would be 2nd if they can kick little brother to the curb.
I don't disagree with this either. I believe, however, that Jim Delaney would love to have Texas. I may be wrong, and if I'm right, that may mean nothing in the grand scheme. But it seemed like he held a lot of sway over the Big Ten. I also think I read recently he was set to retire. So again, may mean nothing at all.

I know why Nebraska left. I also know Texas is an unruly conference member and would likely never change in that regard. But IF it could change, I think the Big Ten and Nebraska would welcome them. Nebraska's recruiting would benefit greatly by a constant series with Texas, IMO. Ohio State and Michigan probably would loathe to have them though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.