*** 2016 DT Quinnen Williams Commits to Alabama ***

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
247 Profile

Committed to Auburn in January but decided to rethink things about a month ago. Many expect him to commit to Bama on June 30.

Former Auburn commit Quinnen Williams deciding next week, has 3 finalists

Wenonah defensive lineman Quinnen Williams is set to make his second commitment June 30.

The 6-foot-4, 265-pounder was committed to Auburn from Jan. 16 until June 5. The change of heart came days after he visited Tuscaloosa for a camp, and he hasn't taken any college visits since.

"When I committed to Auburn I kind of shut down from everyone to clear my mind and make sure I was doing the right thing," he told AL.com Wednesday night.

Williams is now down to three finalists -- Alabama, Auburn and Mississippi State -- and his mind is already made up.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: 2016 DT Quinnen Williams (Wenonah, AL HS) Updates

The question I have is, " Does this in any way have any bearing on the recruitment of Rashan Gary, by us or the barn or both?"
I don't think so as far as the Barn is concerned. The Barn has no crystal ball predictions out of 34. We are leading at 44% but Michigan is at 41% and they have gotten almost all of their predictions recently so Mich is the team to keep an eye on IMO.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I don't think so as far as the Barn is concerned. The Barn has no crystal ball predictions out of 34. We are leading at 44% but Michigan is at 41% and they have gotten almost all of their predictions recently so Mich is the team to keep an eye on IMO.
Thanks J. I agree. I can`t help but wonder that if we take a commitment from Q. Williams if that means we have reason to think R. Gary might be leaning elsewhere. I enjoy the CB`s as much as everybody, but they`re not 100%. And, I`m not taking a swipe at Q, Williams, either. If the coaches want him, good enough for me. It`s just that Gary appears to be an exceptional talent.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Thanks J. I agree. I can`t help but wonder that if we take a commitment from Q. Williams if that means we have reason to think R. Gary might be leaning elsewhere. I enjoy the CB`s as much as everybody, but they`re not 100%. And, I`m not taking a swipe at Q, Williams, either. If the coaches want him, good enough for me. It`s just that Gary appears to be an exceptional talent.
I agree to the CB's reliability. I know what you mean about Gary. When I saw his video he looked like a young Reggie White (obviously a long way to go). I think Williams will play the true DE position where Gary would be a swing DT/DE like Ashawn and Jarran.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I agree to the CB's reliability. I know what you mean about Gary. When I saw his video he looked like a young Reggie White (obviously a long way to go). I think Williams will play the true DE position where Gary would be a swing DT/DE like Ashawn and Jarran.
I`ll reserve the Reggie White, although you may well be accurate on that. The name Glenn Dorsey came to my mind, and I`d take one of those any day!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I read on a barn site that they have pulled his offer and moved on. I don't know if this is true but it could be some sour grapes. RTR!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I read on a barn site that they have pulled his offer and moved on. I don't know if this is true but it could be some sour grapes. RTR!
They did the same with Lyndell Wilson when they realized he had no interest.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Andrew Bone tweeting Williams commits to Alabama!!

Williams: "I grew up a diehard Auburn fan. I committed to my dream school, but then I looked at things from a student-athlete standpoint...
Williams continued, "Alabama was the best fit for me from how they can develop me as a player and as a man." More coming to TideSports.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

A three star guy but how often have we seen the rating services under-rate players from Birmingham city. I don't think they get the same exposure as other kids get and it hurts their ratings. Of course Saban doesn't care about ratings. Welcome aboard and RTR.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Roll Tide Quinnen and welcome to the Capstone!

A three star guy but how often have we seen the rating services under-rate players from Birmingham city. I don't think they get the same exposure as other kids get and it hurts their ratings. Of course Saban doesn't care about ratings. Welcome aboard and RTR.
You know, I think we need more Bama boys on the roster anyway. It is hard to "rate" the heart of in-state kids that have that x factor in the forth quarter when the game is on the line.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Free Rivals article on Quinnen's commitment. Link

Quinnen Williams, three-star defensive tackle from Wenonah High School in Birmingham, Ala., committed to the University of Alabama on Tuesday morning. The former Auburn commitment becomes commitment No.17 in the Crimson Tide's 2016 class.

Williams is the fourth defensive line commitment in Alabama's class joining Kendell Jones, Rivals100 defensive tackle from Shoemaker High School in Killeen, Texas, Khalid Kareem, four-star defensive end from Harrison High School in Farmington Hills, Mich., and Raekwon Davis, three-star defensive tackle from Meridian High School in Miss. Alabama is adding plenty of size to the defensive front which is expected to lose several key contributors after the 2015 season to graduation and early entry to the NFL.

"I committed to Alabama because Alabama is a great school," said Williams. "They have a great academic and great athletic program. It's the place where I feel like I can develop my game in the next four years, and will help me become a better man in life.

"When I first committed to Auburn I committed as a fan instead of looking at it as a student-athlete. I grew up a diehard Auburn fan. Auburn was my dream offer. When I got the offer I decided to go ahead and commit. I really didn't look at it from a student-athlete standpoint.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Welcome aboard Quinnen! Roll Tide Roll!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Got to love he grew up a Barn fan and spurned them anyway. Welcome and RTR Quinnen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.