Limestone County Teen Takes Chickens Hostage, Kills Six Hens

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The proper way is to "ring" there necks. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't think sound is going to bother them. (J/K) "Wringing" was my mom's favorite tactic, until I talked her into letting me behead one. After watching that headless chicken running around with blood spurting out cured me of that. I just told her I could take their flopping... ;)

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Don't think sound is going to bother them. (J/K) "Wringing" was my mom's favorite tactic, until I talked her into letting me behead one. After watching that headless chicken running around with blood spurting out cured me of that. I just told her I could take their flopping... ;)
My grandparents would tie them by their feet onto a clothesline and then cut their heads off.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My grandparents would tie them by their feet onto a clothesline and then cut their heads off.
Wish we'd thought of that. I think I still have PTSD from watching that headless chicken running around. I had no idea. To me, it makes no sense. Why would they behave differently from having their spinal cord severed in two different ways?

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Wish we'd thought of that. I think I still have PTSD from watching that headless chicken running around. I had no idea. To me, it makes no sense. Why would they behave differently from having their spinal cord severed in to different ways?
LOL! One did fall off the line one time and came running down the hill...headless...right at me. F-R-E-A-K-E-D M-E O-U-T!

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
That girl needs to run for the hills. Something tells me these aren't the brightest crayons in the Limestone County box, though. I cannot believe the girlfriend was stupid enough to comment on the article. Oh wait. Yes I can.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
When I was little, I didn't believe a chicken would run around after having its head cut off. Then we got chickens. We used a hatchet and a scrap piece of 4x4 for a chopping block. I was amazed that a chicken could and would run around after having its head cut off, but I can't say that it adversely affected me. What I didn't like was dunking them in a tin wash tub of hot water to pluck the feathers. Talk about stink, ugh.
Of course, they don't all run after getting the chop. Some just fall on the ground.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
When I was little, I didn't believe a chicken would run around after having its head cut off. Then we got chickens. We used a hatchet and a scrap piece of 4x4 for a chopping block. I was amazed that a chicken could and would run around after having its head cut off, but I can't say that it adversely affected me. What I didn't like was dunking them in a tin wash tub of hot water to pluck the feathers. Talk about stink, ugh.
Of course, they don't all run after getting the chop. Some just fall on the ground.
The memories...my grandmother would pluck 'em in the kitchen sink.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The memories...my grandmother would pluck 'em in the kitchen sink.
My dad scorched them off with a blow torch, although the stench was still pretty good. I still remember the first couple of geese I killed on my own. At the time, my wife and I had an open carport, with a small utility room at one end. I decided I was going to take those geese in there and pluck them. About a half hour later. my wife came out to check on me, opened the door, said OMG! and slammed the door. She later that she couldn't even see me through the down fog...

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
My dad scorched them off with a blow torch, although the stench was still pretty good. I still remember the first couple of geese I killed on my own. At the time, my wife and I had an open carport, with a small utility room at one end. I decided I was going to take those geese in there and pluck them. About a half hour later. my wife came out to check on me, opened the door, said OMG! and slammed the door. She later that she couldn't even see me through the down fog...
That's awesome!

My favorite pillow...until my wife discreetly disposed of it...was stuffed with chicken feathers. And you can imagine where those feathers came from. :biggrin2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That's awesome!

My favorite pillow...until my wife discreetly disposed of it...was stuffed with chicken feathers. And you can imagine where those feathers came from. :biggrin2:
Later, it occurred to me (I smoked back then), that it was a good damned thing I didn't decide to have a smoke break in there...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I'm thankful for the Colonel. :eek2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.