Link: NFL Networks' David Jeremiah Gives Analysis on Henry, Ragland, Robinson and Reed

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

Former NFL scout and current NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah spent part of Wednesday watching film of Alabama from last season before later sharing some of his thoughts and observations on Twitter.

Jeremiah said Tide running back Derrick Henry reminds him of a young Brandon Jacobs and referred to linebacker Reggie Ragland as a bigger version of ex-Alabama All-American and eventual two-time NFL Pro Bowler DeMeco Ryans.

Jeremiah also said he thinks defensive lineman Jarran Reed, whose last name he mistakenly put as "Lee" before later correcting himself, is "the most consistent guy on this defense."

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
Henry worries me, I think he has the talent to be one of the Best ever at Alabama, but is his head & heart in the right place?

Like CNS has said as you stay in the program your roles change, this year if he is not a leader on or off the field it's gonna be trouble.

I am hoping for the Best so we will see.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Henry worries me, I think he has the talent to be one of the Best ever at Alabama, but is his head & heart in the right place?

Like CNS has said as you stay in the program your roles change, this year if he is not a leader on or off the field it's gonna be trouble.

It`s interesting how Coach Saban`s expectations, not only from a technical, football skills perspective, but also from an attitudinal perspective as well, seem designed to prepare these guys for success at the next level. It`s a complete package.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
What is Henry doing to show that his head and heart wasn't in right place? Dude stays in gym all the time, and his work ethics is legendary. I thought I heard that Henry has stepped up from a leadership perspective?

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
If I recall correctly, CNS has had nothing but great things to say about Henry

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
What is Henry doing to show that his head and heart wasn't in right place? Dude stays in gym all the time, and his work ethics is legendary. I thought I heard that Henry has stepped up from a leadership perspective?
CNS has had nothing but *great* things to say about Henry. Though he likely has this season to do it, once Henry finds his stride, he will be unstoppable.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
I look at henry, and I say we have exceptional offensive player we can count on to do whateve the team wants. I still do not understand his disappearance in the 4th quarter of the ohio state game. he averaged 9.2 yards a carry on the left side of our line. as our offensive line goes this year, so will henry. his ability to run inside is going to depend the blocking up front. I expect his blocking to be better this year.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Yep. puzzled where the "head and heart" question comes from. I'd love a team full of people as committed as he is.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
There were conflicts with team mates the last 2 years but some of you seem so egar to jump on a Bama fan it's unbelievable.

Take a break from your attacks & read it again it's a question not a statement.

Like I said I hope not because he has the ability to be one of the best.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
There were conflicts with team mates the last 2 years but some of you seem so egar to jump on a Bama fan it's unbelievable.

What in the world are you talking about?

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL

Nobody attacked you. You posted something that you need to back up with facts. Ive never heard or seen anything consistent with your claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I think a lot of people see Henry and question his attitude for a couple of reasons. He is one of those incredible athletes who makes things look easy even when he is surrounded by other great athletes. When an athlete makes things look too easy, it often gives the appearance that he isn't trying as hard. It's not the athlete's fault, but it is something I've noticed through the years.
Another reason I think some people wonder about him is that he seems to ignore his teammates who are trying to celebrate with him after he scores. It gives the impression that he isn't a good teammate. However, he may simply not be a big self-congratulatory person. I have seen him on a couple of occasions be the first off the bench to congratulate a guy who scores, so I think he may just be a guy who doesn't like to self-promote after scoring. He has scored many times in his football career, so he seems to have learned to act like he has been there before.
Like others have mentioned, I have heard that he is a very hard worker, so he seems to be a guy who leads by example rather than words.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Henry has always looked best in the biggest games. I'm still wondering why we didn't run him more against Ohio State.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Henry may have just been waiting for his time to be a leader.....out of respect to Amari, TJ, White, C Jones, etc....

People said Trent was too quiet as well, as was Lacy. But when you have a senior ahead of you, who is a leader.....you wait your turn.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.