Point Spreads Released: Bama favored in every game, pick-em @ UGA

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i think uga is being a little too highly touted this year (of course, i always think that)

they lost a good bit of talent off of a mediocre team last year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Explain this to me.

UGA @ Auburn - pick 'em
Alabama @ Auburn - Alabama by 3.5
Alabama @ UGA - pick 'em

Guess that's based on the schedule and where the games fall.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Explain this to me.

UGA @ Auburn - pick 'em
Alabama @ Auburn - Alabama by 3.5
Alabama @ UGA - pick 'em

Guess that's based on the schedule and where the games fall.
You're probably rights about the spread being based on schedule and where the games are played. These are also very early lines and they will look a lot different when the fall comes around. It's a least something substantive to talk about though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
We'll be favored in the UGA game - right after the Bulldogs lose to South Carolina and we beat Ole Miss. Seriously.

UGA has only gotten through September unbeaten ONCE since 2006. That was in 2012 - when they didn't play any good teams in September (Buffalo, Missouri - in their first-ever SEC game, Fla Atlantic, Vandy). Every time the last several years they've played good teams in September....

2007 - at the top of the polls, opened with a win over OK State and then lost to SC and SHOULD have lost to .500 us
2008 - top of the polls.....and the famous blackout game
2009 - lost road opener at OK St
2010 - played three 9-win teams in September and went 0-3
2011 - lost to both Boise St and SC to start 0-2
2012 - soft schedule, unbeaten in Sept
2013 - lost opener to Clemson
2014 - beat Clemson in opener then lost to SC

Since 2006, UGA has played 12 games in September against teams that won nine games or more and they're 4-8. Btw - all four of the wins have been at HOME.

If SC is any good - or just wins - then we'll be the favorite. Given their past history, don't be surprised if this is what happens. SC is 5-3 in the last eight against UGA, 5-5 since Spurrier got there in 2005 (and one could argue that since the first two years were hardly with SoS players that he's gotten the better of UGA since he got settled in).

Just food for thought.

Otoh - if we lose to Ole Miss, our streak of NOT being the underdog likely comes to an end if UGA is unbeaten.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.