CFN's preview of the barn...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It's hard to imagine AU being much worse on defense or having more penalties than they did last year. I think they are where a lot of teams are in the SEC: if they get good QB play and their defense is average then they have a good shot to win every game on their schedule. However, if JJ doesn't play well or that defense somehow regresses I could see them with 3-5 losses. From a preseason perspective, this is as wide open as the SEC has been in awhile. Should be a fun and exciting year..

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Phil Steele has Aubie 5-3 in SEC play. I agree, or maybe 4-4. Vegas has them 3 loses and toss up with Ga.

Scarb thinks Auburn will win the west and face Georgia in the SECCG. Let me think a moment . . .1 . . . . 2 . . . . 3 . . . . no, I'll go with Phil Steele and Vegas.

Last edited:

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
You mean a peerless coaching staff gave up 55 points to their bitterest rival and were beaten by, not one, but TWO teams who suffered humiliating 0-59 losses last season?

I'm not buying that load of heifer dust.

:eek2:

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
http://cfn.scout.com/2/1558555.html

Overall, I agree, though this line made me shake my head: "The coaching staff is peerless,"

I understand journalists are trying to write things that sound great but peerless? They are without peer? Unequaled?

Come on...
May be splitting hairs, but do these bloggers qualify as "journalists?" That said, I join you in your snickers, guffasws, and general derision of "peerless" when applied to the Awbarn staff.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
If JJ is as good as advertised, I can see barn winning 9-10 games. Their defense was awful last year and have nowhere to go but up.

While I hate barn, I do respect them and I'm realistic. I think they'll have a good team if JJ does well. But it all depends on him honestly.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If you suck really bad, you wouldn't have any peers. Maybe that's what he meant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.