Avery Johnson on SEC Coaches Teleconference

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama basketball coach Avery Johnson said UA would "add one more player, a wing player" before the season. Looking at 5th year transfers.
Avery Johnson on signee Kobie Eubanks: "He's coming in primed and ready to play. He's hungry AND thirsty."

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Alabama basketball coach Avery Johnson said UA would "add one more player, a wing player" before the season. Looking at 5th year transfers.
Any names bandied around yet as to who that "one more (wing) player" might be?

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Mustapha is a class of 2016 recruit.
You are correct. The article that I linked was worded in such a way that it seemed as if he would be a 2015 recruit. I removed him from the previous post. It does not sound as if we are high on his list anyway which is a shame because he would help ease the sting from losing out on Langford.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
You are correct. The article that I linked was worded in such a way that it seemed as if he would be a 2015 recruit. I removed him from the previous post. It does not sound as if we are high on his list anyway which is a shame because he would help ease the sting from losing out on Langford.
Well, Bama might have a chance with him. Link

As for the visit to Alabama, “I know that Mustapha’s dad Bryan was impressed with Avery Johnson down at Alabama. He said he’s a very real, genuine guy, thinks that that’s a program that’s on the rise.

“Obviously, they just got a commitment from Kobie Eubanks. If you look at the programs that Mustapha is looking at, they’re all programs that are quickly becoming players.

“Mississippi State got the kid Malik Newman, Alabama got the kid Kobie Eubanks, Marquette got the kid Henry Ellenson along with four or five other Top 100 kids, and I think that those type of schools provide Mustafa with the opportunity to not only be an impact player asa freshman but also being a part of putting someone on the map and in that tournament-run kind of area, which is unique. You always want to be a part of making someone great.”

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Looks like it is Arthur Edwards - Link
Thanks - think I saw this kid (this graduate) play in high school. Could be Avery Johnson's first shot at transforming a presence - Edwards' FG shooting percentage last year was 36 percent, which itself was almost twice as high as his previous season at New Mexico. So unless (with respect to Donald Trump), Arthur is also being counted on as "The Art of the Deal," the coach has got himself a floor game development project for next season which can only last for one season. Interesting to see.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.