The Saga of Ole Miss LT Laremy Tunsil

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

In wake of Tunsil admission, SEC should put Hugh Freeze on probation

Bianchi: Dolphins pick Laremy Tunsil is why Gators didn't pursue Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze

Didn't hear the entire interview, but Bianchi was on Finebaum yesterday discussing this. Got the sense he knew things were coming for OM, and Florida wanted nothing to do with Freeze because of it.

Hey man, I love ya......but I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of Gator troll Mike Bianchi's mouth. We're talking the same clown who said this:

And, of course, there’s also this: As I wrote in a recent column, if Urban Meyer hadn’t burned out at Florida, Saban likely would have never won three national titles at Alabama. In fact, he might never have won one national title at Alabama.

Nick Saban never followed up a national champion with a four-loss team, either. And I don't recall Saban losing to Mike Shula, 31-3, either.

Sorry man, Bianchi just sets me off. But I'm in agreement with you on this otherwise. Too much smoke now.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
I guess he forgot Bama beat Urban on the way to the first one. Not to mention the mess he left the Gators in. They were in no position to challenge anyon e hardly much less the Tide.

Hey man, I love ya......but I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of Gator troll Mike Bianchi's mouth. We're talking the same clown who said this:

And, of course, there’s also this: As I wrote in a recent column, if Urban Meyer hadn’t burned out at Florida, Saban likely would have never won three national titles at Alabama. In fact, he might never have won one national title at Alabama.

Nick Saban never followed up a national champion with a four-loss team, either. And I don't recall Saban losing to Mike Shula, 31-3, either.

Sorry man, Bianchi just sets me off. But I'm in agreement with you on this otherwise. Too much smoke now.

Last edited by a moderator:

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
I think this is a civil case.
Yes, this is a civil case and #the Network will settle this well before we get to depositions. There will never be anything public come out of any of this. Miller found him a Honey hole and he finna get paid. Do you really think Ole Miss boosters are going to allow Hugh Freeze to be deposed? By a lawyer from Starkville, MS in the court of a judge who who has an undergrad degree from MS State? Think about that for a minute.

They'll let Hugh preach at the Pinelake church chain and let him keep the donations and they'll make Auburn's love offering to the Holy Zion Temple of Deliverance look like chump change.

And------"they" ('cause it's more than just Ole Miss) have succeeded in doing what they were trying to do----all focus has been lost from the original and most egregious charge, academic fraud. They shocked you with a video of a college student smoking dope----not shocking, but they got the nation's attention. Then they took some texts and made them look for all the world like Ole Miss is paying players out of the athletic department ---kind of like Auburn did back in the day---nobody is that stupid. But we can't quit watching.

We have all gotten so tied up in what might happen next that we have forgotten the NCAA has Ole Miss dead to rights on ACT score fixing. Sarge Saunders can tie it back all the way to Tommy Tuberville. If it makes it to Tuberville, that puts it inside the window of probation when Ole Miss was forced to fire Billy Brewer for some of the same kinds of stuff we are hearing about again, 20 years later and 30 years later (Ole Miss was placed on probation in 1986 and 1994). The NCAA doesn't need any of this new stuff to do what they know needs to be done.

If Saunders ties those things together, there is enough in the academic fraud alone to shut the thing down should the NCAA choose to.
30 consecutive years of lack of institutional control across six different coaching staffs? What will they do?

The Tunsil stuff is a good way to pass the time but nothing will come of it except Miller walks off with a boatload of Ole Miss's money. Good for him.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
This could be an open and shut case boxed up with a pretty bow and the NCAA would do nothing. Ever since Auburn threatened to sue them over $cam, they no longer do enforcement. It is a brave new libertarian world out there. The rules exist only on paper and only chumps follow them.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
This could be an open and shut case boxed up with a pretty bow and the NCAA would do nothing. Ever since Auburn threatened to sue them over $cam, they no longer do enforcement. It is a brave new libertarian world out there. The rules exist only on paper and only chumps follow them.

Tru, I may have to change my mind-------

I'll just leave this here and see if I get a bite----------

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/NFLPA-suspends-fines-prominent-NFL-agent-Ben-Dogra-42605759

Guess who represented Deuce McAllister the entire time he was in New Orleans?
Guess who added $150K onto McAllister's first NFL contract?
Guess who represented Patrick Willis?

This ain't Dogra's first rodeo in Oxford------------

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
A serious question. Does anyone actually believe that this will result in any sort of serious sanctions from the NCAA for OM when all is said and done?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A serious question. Does anyone actually believe that this will result in any sort of serious sanctions from the NCAA for OM when all is said and done?
I have no confidence that the NCAA is capable of getting anything right.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I would say no. I would be surprised if OM got much more than a slap on the wrist. I would love to be surprised though :)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Is that any different than the OTL report?

How do you like this for a "trial balloon"?..."Let's float this and see if they bite."

However, the school “is still looking into whether the messages were altered before they were published,” the report says.
That's what I don't get. The most logical way of verifying the messages would seem to be to contact the wireless provider for the message transcripts. Schlabach told Finebaum yesterday Ole Miss knew the messages occurred but still needed to talk to the wireless provider to see if the messages were altered.

How can you know they happened (outside of someone admitting they happened) without seeing the transcripts?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Is that any different than the OTL report?

That's what I don't get. The most logical way of verifying the messages would seem to be to contact the wireless provider for the message transcripts. Schlabach told Finebaum yesterday Ole Miss knew the messages occurred but still needed to talk to the wireless provider to see if the messages were altered.

How can you know they happened (outside of someone admitting they happened) without seeing the transcripts?
Probably not but just a different source.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Dang..Doesn't look good for Ole Miss..I was reading through the comments of the article & this comment pretty much hit the nail on the head for sure..

"How does the smallest public college in the SEC, located in Backwater, Mississippi, manage to recruit the national #1 OL, #1 DL and #1 WR (all three from outside the state) in the same Top 5 recruiting class? Think about that!!!"..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.