The Saga of Ole Miss LT Laremy Tunsil

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I agree with you. It sounds to me like the stepfather and stepson don't get along, and they are now out for blood. Both sides are also lawyering up per another article I read. I don't doubt that some of what he's saying is true, but I agree with you. You just don't do that to your family. You protect their well being, not purposefully try to destroy them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Of course, they're getting lawyers. Both of them have criminal charges pending against them.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Of course, they're getting lawyers. Both of them have criminal charges pending against them.
Agreed, but all that goes away if everyone shuts up and refuses to press charges. I am sure that their lawyers are telling them exactly that. The best way out of this mess is through remediation, not the courts. Instead, this one seems to be escalating.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Step-dad is the only one saying anything and he's currently in the middle of a divorce? Sounds an awful lot like he sees the gravy train ending...

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Auburn mortally wounded the NCAA, Miami finished them off, and North Carolina wrote their epitaph. I'm sure many will spit on their grave. They are irrelevant without the means to enforce rules so Mississippi has little to worry about other than possibly losing Tunsil.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Gr8hope;2631839[B said:
]Auburn mortally wounded the NCAA, Miami finished them off, and North Carolina wrote their epitaph.[/B] I'm sure many will spit on their grave. They are irrelevant without the means to enforce rules so Mississippi has little to worry about other than possibly losing Tunsil.
It's also time to restore all of Alabama's wins!

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Agreed, but had we not endured all those years of misery, we wouldn't have wound up with Saban. I think things leveled out nicely.:cool2:
What he said...

If I have the timeline right, Tunsil pressed charges, and when the step father was arrested, that's when he made the statement about the agents. The thing that I'm curious about is did Freeze actually investigate and talk to the stepfather before the press release about Tunsil defending his mother, or did he just take Tunsil's word about how things went down? Freeze seemed to be in an awful hurry to slap the "defending his mother" seal of approval on the high-profile "domestic violence" label...

Last edited:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Step-dad is the only one saying anything and he's currently in the middle of a divorce? Sounds an awful lot like he sees the gravy train ending...
Unfortunately for Tunsil, (and Freeze) if it gets ugly enough, he may show the NCAA where the bodies are buried.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This isn't the first time Hugh Freeze tweeted to a fan. Know a Wazzu fan who tweeted about Freeze last year without including Freeze's Twitter handle, so Freeze shouldn't have received any notification about the tweet. Yet, Freeze replied to the guy.

Let's be honest, though. Tunsil's stepdad is getting money out of this. Either he gets it from Tunsil when Laremy gets to the NFL, or someone like Dickie Scruggs will pay him to shut up and keep the NCAA out of of Oxford.

Last edited:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
This isn't the first time Hugh Freeze tweeted to a fan. Know a Wazzu fan who tweeted about Freeze last year without including Freeze's Twitter handle, so Freeze shouldn't have received any notification about the tweet. Yet, Freeze replied to the guy.

Let's be honest, though. Tunsil's stepdad is getting money out of this. Either he gets it from Tunsil when Laremy gets to the NFL, or someone like Dickey Scruggs will pay him to shut up and keep the NCAA out of of Oxford.
Looks like on that one Rainey Vol (who ever that is) included Freeze in the tweet.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Looks like on that one Rainey Vol (who ever that is) included Freeze in the tweet.
Correct. Just pointing out Freeze's childish behavior on Twitter. Unless a person is threatening a coach or his family or making crude comments about the coach's family, the coach should never respond to someone like that.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Correct. Just pointing out Freeze's childish behavior on Twitter. Unless a person is threatening a coach or his family or making crude comments about the coach's family, the coach should never respond to someone like that.
Yea I agree kinda gives this guy a platform, now that he has been acknowledged.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
That was one of the most hot rumors going around at that time.... I just think this won't end good for Tunsil in the end....
Is there anyone here, that has been following the remarkable recruiting achievement by CHF at Ole Miss, that did not strongly suspect something was amiss at Ole Miss? Of course, by then, *u had sufficiently cowed the NCAA into irrelevance due to Scam, imo. And if the NCAA does discover it's manhood again, this could wind up hurting Ole Miss for a day or two.

Roll Tide!

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That was one of the most hot rumors going around at that time.... I just think this won't end good for Tunsil in the end....
Tunsil will be fine. No matter how this turn out, he is a first round draft pick (even if he never plays another down in college). The players who break rules don't get hurt - the schools get hurt.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Clarion Ledger reporting the stepdad met with the NCAA on Friday. Link

NCAA officials were here Friday and interviewed the stepfather of Ole Miss tackle Laremy Tunsil about allegations of multiple rules violations by the University of Mississippi football program....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.