The Saga of Ole Miss LT Laremy Tunsil

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It doesn't matter anymore. The NCAA is a dog with no bark or bite these days.

I just don't want that to be a signal to any of our less scrupulous boosters to think it is open season because I bet that NCAA dog will turn into a pitbull if they catch the scent of serious cheating around our program.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And the saga is back in the news...

Former Ole Miss tackle Laremy Tunsil being sued by stepfather

Former Ole Miss offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil is being sued by his stepfather, Lindsay Miller, just days before Tunsil is expected to be taken early in the NFL draft.

A lawsuit filed late Tuesday afternoon at the Lafayette County Courthouse by Miller’s attorney, Matthew Wilson, alleges that Tunsil attacked Miller last June and that Tunsil defamed Miller’s character. The lawsuit alleges these two things were an “intentional infliction of emotional distress.”

Tunsil faced criminal charges last summer when Miller and Tunsil filed domestic violence charges against each other. Tunsil alleged he attacked Miller after Miller attacked Tunsil’s mother, Desiree Polingo, and Miller alleged Tunsil attacked him unprovoked. Both sides dropped the charges last August. The lawsuit filed Tuesday is a civil case.

Miller pleaded not guilty through his attorney about two weeks before the charges were mutually dropped, which occurred on the day of Tunsil’s arraignment.

Miller claimed in a Lafayette County Sheriff’s Office arrest report obtained by The Clarion-Ledger the fight was a result of Miller’s warning Tunsil about having contact with agents.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It seems like those heralded players we 'missed out' on when they chose OM saved us some headaches...
Well, if one follows the line of thought that those guys were enticed with payments... it makes sense they are not exactly upstanding citizens. It also means you get some guys who obviously care about something other than winning.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think you're right! If I was Tunsil I'd pay this guy to make him go away.
Tunsil doesn't have to worry about the NCAA anymore, but Ole Miss might want to consider opening their checkbooks to make this go away.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Tunsil doesn't have to worry about the NCAA anymore, but Ole Miss might want to consider opening their checkbooks to make this go away.

Cheese and crapes! These guys are having to pay off people to cover up their pay offs. The dead bodies in the broom closet are starting to pile up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.