The Saga of Ole Miss LT Laremy Tunsil

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Well, this is one of the strangest situations I have ever seen.

First, Tunsil didn't have to own up to the messages and the reporters even suggested it was doctored but he still did. Secondly, anyone notice there's a rebel flag above his head when he's smoking weed? I mean I know these guys are bought and paid for but... that flag doesn't exactly have a lot of popularity in some circles.

Then, we all feel like it has to be the step-dad, but Tunsil's tone was weird and non-accusatory. Instead of him being like: "There's someone out to get me, we've had issues in the past, I know who it is", etc... he's like I have no idea and it's my mistake. Just, either he was poorly coached or the guy is surprisingly candid.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Some chatter that it may have been a recently fired financial advisor of Tunsil's that hacked his accounts and posted the video and messages..

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I am laughing almost as hard as I did during the Arkansas game when the Arky player threw the ball over his head.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
To wrap things up, the NCAA now has the trifecta.

They have Tunsil's admission of guilt. They have evidence with the the conversations being posted. Finally, it involves a coach at Ole Miss. I have to be honest here, I don't think it's that big a deal that his mom's electricity bill was paid. I don't... but this is not just about that. This is like convicting Al Capone of tax evasion, we know there's a lot more going on, but if anyone wants to put a stop to it they have to go with the evidence they have.

They NCAA has missed some easy chances to do their job, which contrasts strongly with their harsh overreaches in the past. There should be a reasonable middle ground. Players shouldn't be openly bought like free agents, the NCAA should put a stop to this, but trivial matters shouldn't prompt harsh overreactions from the NCAA either. I do hope that the NCAA punishes Ole Miss harshly enough that it sends a message to the other SEC programs, and the FBS as a whole that this sort of buying a good recruiting class stuff is too risky.

Oh, and I guess this puts to rest any of the talk that Ole Miss is running a clean program. Some people, even in the face of some really obviously stuff going on were quick to just credit the Ole Miss coaches with suddenly figuring out how to recruit really, really, really well.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I guess Laremy didn't attend the Hugh Freeze lecture series on "Us and the NCAA" the day Hugh covered "plausible deniability". Either that, or Tunsil couldn't hear him through his gas mask.:cool2:

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Technology, in a matter of moments cost an elite football player millions of dollars right before our very eyes. Can you now imagine how many cups this dude is going to be ask to pee in from here on out? Just like that, his reputation and good name isn't worth a dime. He single-handedly has become to ole miss, with his smart phone, what Eric Ramsey was and is to auburn with his tape recorder. Either way, the future isn't really that hard to predict. Maybe it's time for Freeze to give Pat Dye a buzz?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.