The Saga of Ole Miss LT Laremy Tunsil

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm surprised in today's environment, no one mentioned the confederate flag behind him
I suspect that had Tunsil been white it probably would have. However - hardly scandal worthy at a school that once had it as their flag so....

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
Yancy Porter is a huge Ole Miss homer. My Ole Miss buddies ignore most of his recruiting updates because he pumps so much sunshine.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
Also the company line that I'm getting from my Ole Miss buddies is that Tunsil was confused in the interview and thought he was admitting to the Twitter video being true and that he didn't realize that he was referring to the texts about asking for money.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm just thankful Tunsil was one NCAA headache we didn't have to deal with..I have a feeling the "Tunsil Saga" will haunt The Grove for years to come when it's all said & done..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Policy of Truth

I very much remember the conversation the two of us had about Laremy Tunsil the day before Signing Day 2013. Kublanow and Tunsil had both committed to UGA - Kublanow publicly; Tunsil privately - and were going to sign with the Bulldogs that February 3rd.

But something happened on the way to Tunsil becoming the future left tackle at Georgia - Ole Miss. Needless to say, Tunsil turned his back on Mark Richt, Will Friend and UGA and went on to have what has to be called a complicated, but means-to-and-end career in Oxford.

When you are the No. 13 overall pick of the NFL Draft something went right along the way no matter how bumpy the road traveled.

But I still remember quite clearly Kublanow showing me, with disappointment, the text messages he had traded with Tunsil the few days before the two of them signed with their respective schools. The gist of the conversation was that Tunsil “wanted” to sign with UGA, but “couldn’t.”

Kublanow seemed to know why, but didn’t come out and say it.

I’ve not written or talked about the story publicly until now because at this point its pretty clear what happened - at least according to the many statements of Tunsil himself not only back in 2013, but on Thursday night in Chicago at the NFL Draft.

Somebody isn’t telling the truth. It doesn't seem like Tunsil, who is free from Ole Miss’ muzzle, is interested in continuing perpetrating the myth that he decided to sign with the Rebels because everything was on the up and up.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...ing-bong-video-alleged-ole-miss-text-messages

Tunsil fired the business manager after other agents informed Tunsil that the man wasn't licensed or registered to work as a financial adviser but was a "runner," a term used to describe someone who gives money and other benefits to a player in order to entice the player to sign with an agent or financial adviser with whom the runner is working.
The article says this "financial advisor" was hired in October. But Tunsil's fight with his stepfather over contact with agents was last June. Truly Tunsil and the people advising him are not thinking clearly about how bad they look.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Tunsil fired the business manager after other agents informed Tunsil that the man wasn't licensed or registered to work as a financial adviser but was a "runner," a term used to describe someone who gives money and other benefits to a player in order to entice the player to sign with an agent or financial adviser with whom the runner is working.

The sources said the business manager gave Tunsil a new cell phone in mid-October. People close to Tunsil believe the man might have accessed Tunsil's social media accounts Thursday by logging into them through his old phone.

so what I'm reading is that Tunsil was likely ineligible when he started playing again mid-season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.