The Saga of Ole Miss LT Laremy Tunsil

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He was arrested Friday for domestic violence against his stepfather. Ole Miss folks say he was defending his mother. Link

Ole Miss standout junior tackle Laremy Tunsil was arrested Friday in Oxford, Mississippi, on charges of domestic violence against his stepfather, coach Hugh Freeze said.

Tunsil was at his mother's house with his mother, Desiree Tunsil, and her husband, Lindsey Miller, Tunsil's stepfather, when the incident occurred Thursday. Tunsil and his mother have since pressed charges against the stepfather, according to Freeze.

"His stepfather shoved his mom and Laremy punched him," a source said. "It's as simple as that. He was defending his mother."
Then, we get this story today...

Stepfather alleges Tunsil was with 'football agents' during fight

Lindsey Miller, the stepfather of Ole Miss left tackle Laremy Tunsil, told Lafayette County Sheriff's Department deputies on Thursday night that he and Tunsil's mother were arguing about Tunsil "riding around with football agents" at the time of the incident that led to Tunsil's arrest, according to a police report obtained by The Clarion-Ledger on Tuesday morning.

Tunsil, who is projected to be a top five pick in next year's NFL draft, was arrested on charges of domestic violence after he allegedly assaulted his stepfather on Thursday in defense of his mother, Desiree Tunsil, coach Hugh Freeze said in a statement released Saturday.

According to the police report, when deputy Rudy Howell arrived at the scene at 7:19 p.m. Thursday night, Miller was "very excited" and told Howell that "Tunsil and the agents" left in a yellow convertible.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Lets not forget that the stepfather is probably trying to ruin Tunsil and I'd take his words as hostile and questionable.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This looks to be an ugly family fight, and I wouldn't be too quick to believe anything that any of them say at this point.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Anyone else find it odd Freeze quickly came out with an explanation of the arrest? Not sure many coaches would make a player's family problems public like that.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Hugh Freeze just released this statement:

"We are aware that Laremy & his family have met with potential agents, which is within his NCAA rights as a student-athlete. Regarding the altercation, we will continue to gather facts & cooperate with the proper authorities."

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
I don't think any of us have a problem with him defending his mother. What we have a problem with is that he is hanging out with agents (one has to logically assume the worst) and we know that Freese and Co. will sweep it under the rug.

On a side note, will his NFL contract pay him more than Ole Sis paid him to sign his Letter of Intent?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Hugh Freeze just released this statement:

"We are aware that Laremy & his family have met with potential agents, which is within his NCAA rights as a student-athlete. Regarding the altercation, we will continue to gather facts & cooperate with the proper authorities."
This is known as getting out in front of the story.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This is magnified beyond its importance by the fact it's the offseason.

Lots of he-said-she-said, with lots of incentive to spin and little or no real evidence surfaced. Even if there were some, OM has time to sanitize the situation.

Worst case, Tunsil sits out a game or two. Probably won't even be that.

More fodder for sports talk hosts to stir the pot in hopes of inciting callers and ratings in a the slow time.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Sounds like Tunsil's step father has a vendetta against him. Either that or Hugh Freeze was given the biggest snow job since Boston last winter. His stepfather claims that the fight wasn't about his mother, but that he was warning Tunsil to stay away from agents. He's also claiming that academic records were falsified, gifts were given, and other violations were committed. This could get really interesting if anything that he says is true.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/laremy-tunsil-stepfather-agent-allegations/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sounds like Tunsil's step father has a vendetta against him. Either that or Hugh Freeze was given the biggest snow job since Boston last winter. His stepfather claims that the fight wasn't about his mother, but that he was warning Tunsil to stay away from agents. He's also claiming that academic records were falsified, gifts were given, and other violations were committed. This could get really interesting if anything that he says is true.
I have no idea where the truth lies in this story, but I find it hard to believe that the stepfather really loves Tunsil and is looking out for his best interests when he is so readily handing out data about him to the media that could destroy his future.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
You don't say? Tunsil was thought to be choosing between Bama and UGA and then magically chooses Ole Miss at the last moment. We all know he was bought.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You don't say? Tunsil was thought to be choosing between Bama and UGA and then magically chooses Ole Miss at the last moment. We all know he was bought.
Even if we accept that as true (and I believe that something fishy is happening at Ole Miss), that has nothing to do with his stepfather throwing him under the bus. You don't do that to your kids - even your stepchildren.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I have no idea where the truth lies in this story, but I find it hard to believe that the stepfather really loves Tunsil and is looking out for his best interests when he is so readily handing out data about him to the media that could destroy his future.
I agree with you. It sounds to me like the stepfather and stepson don't get along, and they are now out for blood. Both sides are also lawyering up per another article I read. I don't doubt that some of what he's saying is true, but I agree with you. You just don't do that to your family. You protect their well being, not purposefully try to destroy them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Even if we accept that as true (and I believe that something fishy is happening at Ole Miss), that has nothing to do with his stepfather throwing him under the bus. You don't do that to your kids - even your stepchildren.
I completely agree with this. Just saying no one here is shocked by what he said. I agree with the other poster, the stepdad probably wasn't getting his cut.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.