Trump's comments - NBC and Univision reaction

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Mexican Laborer Delivers Devastating Response To Donald Trump In 58 Seconds — And Never Stops Working

Just think of all the Americans who are unemployed and replaced with Mexican workers. Just think of all the entitlement dollars that could be saved if they didn't replace jobs encouraging some Americans to remain jobless and vote for politicians who are replacing them with illegals and VISA holders. Just think of Greece and see where this leads.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Just think of all the Americans who are unemployed and replaced with Mexican workers. Just think of all the entitlement dollars that could be saved if they didn't replace jobs encouraging some Americans to remain jobless and vote for politicians who are replacing them with illegals and VISA holders. Just think of Greece and see where this leads.
Just think if employers were fined heavily for hiring illegal immigrants.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
You and I agree on that point. The border would be a lot more secure without building the Great American Wall if this course of action were taken. And, it'd be quite the populist move as well.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
You and I agree on that point. The border would be a lot more secure without building the Great American Wall if this course of action were taken. And, it'd be quite the populist move as well.
I would say 2-3 years ago, I'd agree even more. But, now......you can come, not get a job, and still get to stay and have the Gov't support you..... I think it's less and less about the jobs every day.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Why do you hate immigrants and businesses?

I want immigrants to come here. I want businesses to have enough workers. I want a large enough tax base to support social security, which would not be in trouble if politicians had not misspent the money people paid in over their lifetime. I want affordable good and services.

I don't want uncontrolled immigration with no screening process. I don't want businesses paying slave wages and otherwise mistreating people they have the power to cause to have deported. I don't want citizens put out of work because someone else will accept illegal working conditions just to be here. I don't want politicians robbing Peter to pay Paul and then claiming we need to give Peter money because he has none and so they can rinse and repeat. I don't want to lose my conscience to save a few dollars here and there.

The framing of this whole debate into left/right - like most every other issue - is total BS and misses the whole point of law - Justice. It isn't just to empower and protect corrupt politicians and businesses. It isn't just to allow people to come here in search of a better life and then allow them to be mistreated like they are. It isn't just to steal a generation's supposed investment for retirement to spend on wars and boondoggles and pork and then steal from the next generation to make up for stealing in the first place.

You may say that's just how things work. It is what it is. Well, that's just an excuse to do nothing to change it. And it's all to convenient an out for the corrupt people who take advantage off our indifference.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Bamaro, I, too am in agreement on your last few posts.
I have friends who are Mexican. They are here legally, work hard and pay taxes. I would gladly help them attain citizenship, I consider them family. Illegals should not get a pass and certainly do not deserve jobs or entitlements when we have veterans who cannot get the medical care they need and citizens who need jobs.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I've looked I can't find the full exact quote. Didn't he point at individuals and say not you, not you, not you and then qualify the statement by saying illegal immigration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You know I might just vote for him just to have an entertaining presidential debate with Hillary. We hadnt had a good election since 2000. All of the elections since have been decent candidates vs canidates without platforms who basically say "Im way different than the other guy" but when you ask them how to change the economy they say "Ill do it differently than the other guy". Trump at least will throw severe low blows, whether they will be sensible or ethical, against Hillary and it will make the election atleast worthwhile to watch even though you can still pretty much predict the outcome.

I know Trump wont make it out of the primaries, but I think he will be more entertaining than Bush,Walker, or Rubio as a mudslinger.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Why do you hate immigrants and businesses?

I want immigrants to come here. I want businesses to have enough workers. I want a large enough tax base to support social security, which would not be in trouble if politicians had not misspent the money people paid in over their lifetime. I want affordable good and services.

I don't want uncontrolled immigration with no screening process. I don't want businesses paying slave wages and otherwise mistreating people they have the power to cause to have deported. I don't want citizens put out of work because someone else will accept illegal working conditions just to be here. I don't want politicians robbing Peter to pay Paul and then claiming we need to give Peter money because he has none and so they can rinse and repeat. I don't want to lose my conscience to save a few dollars here and there.

The framing of this whole debate into left/right - like most every other issue - is total BS and misses the whole point of law - Justice. It isn't just to empower and protect corrupt politicians and businesses. It isn't just to allow people to come here in search of a better life and then allow them to be mistreated like they are. It isn't just to steal a generation's supposed investment for retirement to spend on wars and boondoggles and pork and then steal from the next generation to make up for stealing in the first place.

You may say that's just how things work. It is what it is. Well, that's just an excuse to do nothing to change it. And it's all to convenient an out for the corrupt people who take advantage off our indifference.
This is the POTD!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You know I might just vote for him just to have an entertaining presidential debate with Hillary. We hadnt had a good election since 2000. All of the elections since have been decent candidates vs canidates without platforms who basically say "Im way different than the other guy" but when you ask them how to change the economy they say "Ill do it differently than the other guy". Trump at least will throw severe low blows, whether they will be sensible or ethical, against Hillary and it will make the election atleast worthwhile to watch even though you can still pretty much predict the outcome.

I know Trump wont make it out of the primaries, but I think he will be more entertaining than Bush,Walker, or Rubio as a mudslinger.
I agree. It would be entertaining just to see how far over the top he could go...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I agree. It would be entertaining just to see how far over the top he could go...
You know, as much as I think of him as a long shot. He might just be the Republicans best chance to stop Hillary. I think Trump's campaign might have to be like Reagen did in 1980 in not being the run of the mill republican and then getting in Carter's face about issues. But then again reagen was Governor of California in the 70s before he ran for president. I think Jeb or Rubio are the most likely Republicans because of them being moderates compared to Trump and owning the state of Florida, and Kasich will probably be the VP canidate in hopes to get Ohio. But it can all change if someone folds under pressure. Take into account that reagen didnt control the primaries against Bush until he beat him in Texas in May.

I dont think Trump is Reagen but I think he can be a wild card in many different ways

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.