Colin Cowherd Tried to Interview Jim Harbaugh Today; It Didn't Go Very Well

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I really think Jim Harbaugh doesn't care what Colin Cowherd thinks about him. These radio guys will do or say anything for attention. It was clear that JH did not want to do this interview and thought the questions were dumb. He is a strange guy, it will be fun to watch his weekly press conferences this football season.
The bottom line is if he wins games, Michigan won't care what he says.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
IMHO, this wasn't anything personal...nor payback....nor drugs/alcohol.

Harbaugh just doesn't have a personality.

Period.
i think so as well. his press conferences with the 9r's all sounded weird like that at times.
Good thing he's a better coach than interviewee. I know people who sound just like Jim did there. Nice people, but very awkward to listen to.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Very strange interview. Harbaugh is hard to interview, but Cowherd dropped the ball big time here.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
It's the interviewers job to make the guest comfortable. He failed to connect with him. For his part if Harbaugh didn't care for the questions, he should have just talked over him.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
It's the interviewers job to make the guest comfortable. He failed to connect with him. For his part if Harbaugh didn't care for the questions, he should have just talked over him.
If so then i agree Harbaugh should have read from notes that touched on everything great about Michigan. Harbaugh failed. ................. Miserably.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
JMO, but I think that they both came off sounding like amateurs.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
When a reporter interviews someone, you get what you get. I remember Coach Bryant giving it to a few. A lot is relationships & past comments that these coaches remember.
Do I really need to mention Ferman Bisher?

That Orlando newspaper has made its name attacking coaches. I heard an interview with a local guy nicknamed The Big Dog & Coach Pa called him Mad Dog.

CNS will react totally different to the same question from Tom Renaldi of ESPN to anyone else.

I know this is different because Harbaugh was granted the interview but all it really shows is what he is, this is Harbaugh. He won @ 49'ers but could not get along with anyone so this surprises anyone.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
When a reporter interviews someone, you get what you get. I remember Coach Bryant giving it to a few. A lot is relationships & past comments that these coaches remember.
Do I really need to mention Ferman Bisher?

That Orlando newspaper has made its name attacking coaches. I heard an interview with a local guy nicknamed The Big Dog & Coach Pa called him Mad Dog.

CNS will react totally different to the same question from Tom Renaldi of ESPN to anyone else.

I know this is different because Harbaugh was granted the interview but all it really shows is what he is, this is Harbaugh. He won @ 49'ers but could not get along with anyone so this surprises anyone.

I'm sure a lot of us have seen this. But I don't exactly blame Bryant for getting angry. The reporter is trying to put words in his mouth. He gives her a reason and she says, "No reason?" And Bryant came up in a time prior to female reporters on the sidelines, a time of male dominance. Finally, his team had imploded and lost its two previous games that year so he was under a lot of pressure.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL

I'm sure a lot of us have seen this. But I don't exactly blame Bryant for getting angry. The reporter is trying to put words in his mouth. He gives her a reason and she says, "No reason?" And Bryant came up in a time prior to female reporters on the sidelines, a time of male dominance. Finally, his team had imploded and lost its two previous games that year so he was under a lot of pressure.
Thanks for the clip, yes exactly what I was talking about.

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
One thing that I kept thinking...he's still in the NFL coach interview mode. He did interviews as a matter of obligation and duty, one that he probably didn't like, as most coaches don't I suspect. He didn't have to "sell" the 49ers, the market was already buying. But as a college coach, you're selling your program 24/7. Elite coaches know it and try to do it at every opportunity. Harbaugh blew this opportunity, however, Cowherd didn't exactly inspire him to gush about Michigan either, but I must admit, Cowherd grates on my nerves after few minutes...whoever said it was painful to watch nailed it...it was painful.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.