Celebrate America

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Here's what one Vox reporter thinks about celebrating America:

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/2/8884885/american-revolution-mistake
I have been reading a few articles by Vox lately and honestly, they appear to be the greatest concentrating point for morons on the interwebs.
Exactly who was talking about abolition in the colonies in 1770s, other than Governor Dunmore, who was offering freedom to slaves who would slits their masters' throats and fight for the Crown? This moron makes it sound like a bunch of colonists were sitting around saying to themselves, "Well, the British would like us to emancipate our slaves and the only way to keep our slaves is to secede form Britain. Let's go!"
In reality, the Virginia House of Burgesses passed acts outlawing the slave trade many times before Virginia seceded from Britain, and the King's Governor vetoed all of these bills. Hmm. Maybe the Brits weren't so interested in abolition as young Master Matthews would have us believe.
This "author" went full-moron on us. I'm surprised his brain can generate enough electricity to keep that tiny heart of his pumping. He is "bag of hammers" stupid. This is what happens when in history and civics classes, young minds are fed the poisons of the the "blame America first" crowd.

Last edited:

tidegrandpa

All-American
I have been reading a few articles by Vox lately and honestly, they appear to be the greatest concentrating point for morons on the interwebs.
Exactly who was talking about abolition in the colonies in 1770s, other than Governor Dunmore, who was offering freedom to slaves who would slits their masters' throats and fight for the Crown? This moron makes it sound like a bunch of colonists were sitting around saying to themselves, "Well, the British would like us to emancipate our slaves and the only way to keep our slaves is to secede form Britain. Let's go!"
In reality, the Virginia House of Burgesses passed acts outlawing the slave trade many times before Virginia seceded from Britain, and the King's Governor vetoed all of these bills. Hmm. Maybe the Brits weren't so interested in abolition as young Master Matthews would have us believe.
This "author" went full-moron on us. I'm surprised his brain can generate enough electricity to keep that tiny heart of his pumping. He is "bag of hammers" stupid. This is what happens when in history and civics classes, young minds are fed the poisons of the the "blame America first" crowd.
Be careful TW, your wisdom and facts will choke this moron and he may hold you liable, one small itty bitty fact at a time so he can recover and generate an illogical, sensitive, 'feeling' based' argument.
A couple years ago one of my son's friend's was over with him, mid-late 20's kid, he started along this same vane. After I completely frustrated him with facts he either never knew or just couldn't argue, I overheard him talking with my son and he said, "the trouble with arguing with your dad is he insists on "factualizing everything".
I just kicked back and smiled. Poor kid.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Getting ready for fireworks on the beach here in L.A. (a.k.a Sandestin, FL). Love watching the fireworks up and down the coast shooting out over the Gulf.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.