Brandon Ivory a suspect in Tuscaloosa armed robbery

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What? Nobody on here is defending him with the usual nonsense of "we all did stupid things when we were younger?"

I forgot. That only applies to drugs, sex, and drunken driving.

I'm guessing none of us at our dumbest ever did an armed robbery.

I was asked and said, "I don't recall."

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I would think somebody as big and strong as Ivory could steal/take whatever he wants from people without needing an assault rifle or knife. If the charges are true, I'm disgusted.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Pretty stupid, but willing to bet drugs are involved somewhere along that path. Pretty stupid and then drive off in your car with license plates etc. Plus the people probably knew each other. Some people are just pretty dumb. People throw their lives away all the time....

Why does the name Nick Gibson sound familiar?[/QUOTE]

There was a running back at Pinson named Nick Gibson but I think he signed with Miss St. last year.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
It says they were armed with a knife and an assault rifle. Later it says a victim was assaulted but no knife wounds or bullit holes. BS!!
To threaten someone with harm is assault. To harm someone is assault and battery.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
There was no need for him to steal anything. With the money he could have made at the pro level, he could have bought just about anything he would ever need or want.
Your point is correct but there was no guarantee he was going to make the roster since he is an undrafted FA. TBH, I don't think he would have.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
There was no need for him to steal anything. With the money he could have made at the pro level, he could have bought just about anything he would ever need or want.
Of course there is never any justification for stealing...my point was what kind of guy thinks he needs an assault rifle to rob somebody when he's as physically imposing as Ivory. If what is reported is true, he must really have a punk mentality.

Last edited:

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Pretty stupid, but willing to bet drugs are involved somewhere along that path. Pretty stupid and then drive off in your car with license plates etc. Plus the people probably knew each other. Some people are just pretty dumb. People throw their lives away all the time....

Why does the name Nick Gibson sound familiar?[/QUOTE]

There was a running back at Pinson named Nick Gibson but I think he signed with Miss St. last year.
Yep, that's why I knew that name. Knew it was familiar for some reason. I am assuming it is a different person as well, since the other Gibson was supposed to be at MSU....

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Of course there is never any justification for stealing...my point was what kind of guy thinks he needs an assault rifle to rob somebody when he's as physically imposing as Ivory. If what is reported is true, he must really have a punk mentality.
I'm sure that's true. I learned at a very young age the consequences of stealing and have never had the urge since. Evidently some people never learn those lessons, even into adulthood.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Hire loud lawyer, hold news conference on MSNBC and proclaim "white privilege" defense.

Charges are dismissed, NFL reinstates after serving 3 game suspension, then go on to have a fabulous season.

Lesson learned. Becomes mentor to troubled youth.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Good parents and mentors are severly needed for so many young people.
This is name of the game. Without this, most any kid will have 2.75 strikes against them. Affects everything from respect for others, especially women, to a sense of entitlement to a respect for and acknowledgement of the laws of a civilized society. And yes, far too many of these young men who happen to be blessed with athletic ability have nothing approaching a decent upbringing. What to do about that is.......?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.