Link: Sometimes, social change happens so fast, it gives one whiplash...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
My father who served is one of the most ardent supporters of gay rights I know and he had former's reaction. He also was appalled at the White House in rainbow colors. He said 1) you don't mess with certain things and 2) now they're just rubbing the opponents' faces in it which will only cause deeper resentment and division.

I applaud all who serve and could care less who they love. Personally, I'd prefer not hearing about anyone's exploits regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
My wife has an uncle who was in the Marines. He is constantly sending me e-mails and posting on Facebook about various right wing topics. I saw several posts related to gay marriage.

I would love to see his reaction when he sees that picture.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I find the whole rub it in your face victory lap homosexuals are running offensive. As said above, it will only build resentment and further divide our people. I don't care who anyone chooses to sleep with as long as they are consenting adults. I do not wish to know what they do. That's what the bedroom door is for.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I find the whole rub it in your face victory lap homosexuals are running offensive. As said above, it will only build resentment and further divide our people. I don't care who anyone chooses to sleep with as long as they are consenting adults. I do not wish to know what they do. That's what the bedroom door is for.
i find it annoying that folks see these celebrations as some sort of zero sum game. if someone else's happiness gives you this much grief, the problem is not them. i guess this is just another way true american folk are being "victimized" in this country.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
i find it annoying that folks see these celebrations as some sort of zero sum game. if someone else's happiness gives you this much grief, the problem is not them. i guess this is just another way true american folk are being "victimized" in this country.
When all things decent are being attacked by perverse individuals, yes I feel victimized!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I understand the gesture but in the end it really does seem disrespectful to the Marine Corps flag.

It would be interesting to poll the gay community and see what their opinion is....I would bet a large % would not approve. Especially those with military service.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Who presented this on behalf of his " unit "? His CO? His 1st Sgt? Other gay members of his unit? Also , Marines aren't "soldiers".

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
For what it's worth, apparently, this "presentation" occurred back in September 2013.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.