More Trouble for Rolando - Suspended First Four Games of Season

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
@RapSheet #Cowboys LB Rolando McClain suspended without pay for first 4 games of 2015 for violating @NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

NFLPA released this statement on his behalf:

I apologize to my family, the Cowboys organization, my teammates and Cowboys fans for my mistake. I will not break the rules of my profession in the future, and I regret my error. I look forward to returning to the field on week 5, when I hope to help my team beat the Patriots.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
At this point I almost have to question his sanity. Hes already been suspended before. He already has a very short leash to begin with. Now he goes and does this? He's asking to to throw his career down the drain.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I am sure the legal eagles wrote that for him but that has to be one of the most mature statements he has made since he left T-Town. I sure hope he follows through - he is one heck of a talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Hate to see any of our former players wind up like this and the trouble Ivory is in, but as long as it does not affect our program and is not subject to NCAA scrutiny, I really no longer care.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If the Cowboy"s are smart they'll drop him immediately. As talented as he is, he's not worth the problems he brings.

:mad2:
He's worth the problems. He's the most talented player on the defense. If he wasn't worth the problems he would have already been cut. However, as he gets older his talent will fade so each year he will be on a shorter leash..

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
When will some of these guys ever learn? 4 games without pay was not worth whatever drug he used.....unless players have endorsements, they only get paid during the season or something like that I think. I hope he has saved some money, LOL.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He's worth the problems. He's the most talented player on the defense. If he wasn't worth the problems he would have already been cut. However, as he gets older his talent will fade so each year he will be on a shorter leash..

I agree. It was probably for dope and considering other things going on in the NFL that's not that bad. You hold onto him and tight.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I was a contractor for a large bank. Unreal how many of their employees would not pass the drug tests in place with the NFL.

Some people are users on their own time, but the traces are still present 48hr later. Most of these people go one way or the other as they get older and wiser or end up with big problems.

I don't know of anyone that wants to become an addict, so choices have to be made. Most young people with money make poor choices. I hope Rolando gets wise before his body gets too old to play.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I suspect I would lose some co-workers if we had random drug tests and them smoking pot on weekends doesn't harm them anymore than me drinking beer or wine.

But if you know the rules in advance, it is your own fault if you are busted for breaking them.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was a contractor for a large bank. Unreal how many of their employees would not pass the drug tests in place with the NFL.

Some people are users on their own time, but the traces are still present 48hr later. Most of these people go one way or the other as they get older and wiser or end up with big problems.

I don't know of anyone that wants to become an addict, so choices have to be made. Most young people with money make poor choices. I hope Rolando gets wise before his body gets too old to play.
THC actually persists something more like 3-10 days, being fat soluble. Heavy users have tested positive up to 10 months later, after ceasing use...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
But if you know the rules in advance, it is your own fault if you are busted for breaking them.
If someone paid me several million dollars to rub gravel in my hair, and would continue to pay me as long as I did not , say, post on Tidefans, no matter how much I enjoyed y'all's company, I'd be pretty darn scarce around here as long as that employer was willing to pay me.

The time when Ro is going to be employable at this salary level is pretty limited. He should make the most of it while he can.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If someone paid me several million dollars to rub gravel in my hair, and would continue to pay me as long as I did not , say, post on Tidefans, no matter how much I enjoyed y'all's company, I'd be pretty darn scarce around here as long as that employer was willing to pay me.

The time when Ro is going to be employable at this salary level is pretty limited. He should make the most of it while he can.
When you are young you are dumb and think you are teflon. Some have to learn the hard way. Ro has had more than 3 strikes so he should be on full alert that he can not afford another mistake or error in judgment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.