Pirate flags have to go!

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
So, I'm down in Virginia Beach for the long weekend. Just got back in from a morning run on the boardwalk. Pirate flags are a common display. It's disgusting that people are pro murder, pro rape, and pro pillaging. They should be shamed by the media and condemned by political and community leaders. I'm thinking of boycotting.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
http://allenbwest.com/2013/10/muslim-piracy-long-history/

There is nothing new about pirates attacking American ships. In fact the First Barbary War occurred from 1801 to 1805 when the US fought the Northwest African Berber Muslim states. Much like their standard operating procedures today, barbary pirates attacked American merchant shipping vessels to capture sailors and then demand ransom for their return.
Potentially helpful background information about your cause.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Does this also mean that the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies will be removed from store shelves and banned from cable channels? My kids will be disappointed; nevertheless, we can't have them being entertained by the misfortune of others. :(

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
You're right Bodhi! This pirate stuff is getting out of control!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-busted-black-powder-blasts-article-1.2283247

A Florida man dressed as a pirate opened fire with two black-powder pistols on a busy bridge, authorities said.
Frightened witnesses called the cops when the man, armed to the teeth with 18th century weaponry, fired off a round at passing cars in the Florida Keys, according to a Monroe County Sheriff’s report.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I did a bareboat sailing trip in the BVI in early June. You wanna talk lots of pirate flags, there were lots of pirate flags. There were also lots of football flags. My unscientific estimate is the ratio to SEC school flags to all others was about 10:1. I saw a few boats flying flags from all the conference schools.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.