What Changes Should We Expect from the Alabama Offense in 2015?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In the Kirby Smart radio interview, he mentioned Kiffin meeting with Tom Herman while Herman was in town to discuss Alabama's defensive tendencies. Link

"... And even Lane (Kiffin) met with him offensively to get some ideas for us, as well.”
This comes a few months after we learned TCU's coaching staff was coming to Tuscaloosa for recruiting tips in return for allowing Lane and Monte Kiffin learn about their offense. Story

It’s a tradeoff, of sorts. Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin and his father Monte Kiffin were at TCU on Wednesday, popping into Patterson’s meeting with reporters on their way out.

While the Crimson Tide coach got a look at TCU’s version of the uptempo spread, which Alabama began to sprinkle in last season in Lane Kiffin’s first year, the Horned Frogs staff will look at Alabama’s approach in luring No. 1-ranked recruiting classes year after year, Patterson said.
Anyone want to take a guess at what Kiffin learned from Herman and TCU's staff and what he'll incorporate into the 2015 offense?

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Keep feeding Derrick Henry on the left side. If it's working, don't stop using it.
I think kiffin likes to build his offense around a star player more than most do. Last year it was cooper, this year I expect it to be henry and drake. They are talented veterans who can be relied on.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Drake can have a Reggie Bush type season if he is fully recovered and is utilized correctly.

Frankly, while it may not be possible with Coker this year (assuming he starts), I'm looking forward to a more dynamic QB. Now, Coker isn't a statue back there, but I enjoyed the offense last year when Sims was on target. I love having a QB that can make a defense pay with his feet as well as his arm. I don't necessarily like the HUNH, but I like the concepts employed other than the hurry part. I hope we see more and more of that from the offense.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Wishbone baby, wishbone -- but due to the shortage of RBs....we may have to use Ardarius back there......
It may not be the real wishbone, but I would like to see the use of our QBs running more. Both Coker and Cornwell are big and athletic and could put a lot of pressure on defense's knowing they are not afraid to run. JMO

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
If Coker starts, I hope he turns out like Blake did last year. A lotta people didn't know if Blake could get the job done, but, he did. And with Kiffen's tutelage, maybe Coker will be ready to go, or one of our other QB's.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
I think the O Line is going to be fantastic..

I don't know who will really shine at RB it may be a freshman we have not seen, but Drake will make a huge impact.

I would like to see the TE used more but we have had real issues with them catching the football.

Who steps up at WR I don't know but someone will not to Cooper level but very good.

Finally we are going to miss Nudie, this kid was Great! A real Fullback that could do it all.
who takes his place or what line up we use to me is the biggest question.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
I believe the O line will be much better, but I think we have a weak link there that may have an effect on performance sometime during the year. I hope I'm wrong.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If we don't run Henry behind Cam at least 15 times a game I will be disappointed. Gotta play to our strengths. Those are the best two players on the offense. Force feed Henry on the left side of the line just like we forced the ball to Cooper last year..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.