Diversions

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
I was blessed to be raised by really good Alabamians. I was always told that the greatest insult for a southerner was to be slapped. There were two things in my family that would warrant a slap: (this was in the 1940s)

1. use of the "N" word
2. use of the Lord's name in vain.
Thankfully, I was never slapped. I was taught to respect the American flag for obvious reasons. I was taught to respect the Confederate flag because I had ancestors who fought under it (though they never "owned" slaves) and they believed in the soverignty of the states. We were "States Righters."

I am saddened by the equation of the Confederate flag to slavery. It was never presented to me as such. I have always considered myself an American, and served in the military as such...not Irish-American, Scottish-American, English- American...just American. I do not display the flags of any other country on my car, and never will until and unless I am prepared to move to that country and become a citizen. I do not wrap my license plate in chains, as I have fought my ... off to preserve freedom, not slavery, in the USA.

I truly believe the current "issues" that dominate our so-called journalistic reporting are simply diversions. Emotional issues to deflect our attention from the real issues that the elected officials seem to be incapable of or unwilling to handle.

Friends...the Confederate flag, same sex marriage, common core, etc...are not the issues that can bring down our great country.

We have an economy that is precariously close to collapse, trade problems, uncontrollable debt, foreign policy that is alienating us to most of the world....these are the problems. Wake up!

It's easy to take down the Confederate flag. Not so much to develop a clear foreign policy with Israel. Take the flag off the "Dukes" car...really? Don't let Ol Miss be "the Rebels"...OK. What has this crap done for us lately?

I'm not interested in giving the Queen of England an iPod. I'd rather give her an iron clad agreement that they can count on us to walk lock-step with them into the treacherous world we inhabit.

I truly fear that our career politicians have lost sight of anything that is not "expedient."

I don't have the answer, but I will work every day for the rest of my life to help spread the word, and take our country back from the idiots in control today.
God Bless America!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I was blessed to be raised by really good Alabamians. I was always told that the greatest insult for a southerner was to be slapped. There were two things in my family that would warrant a slap: (this was in the 1940s)

1. use of the "N" word
2. use of the Lord's name in vain.
Thankfully, I was never slapped. I was taught to respect the American flag for obvious reasons. I was taught to respect the Confederate flag because I had ancestors who fought under it (though they never "owned" slaves) and they believed in the soverignty of the states. We were "States Righters."

I am saddened by the equation of the Confederate flag to slavery. It was never presented to me as such. I have always considered myself an American, and served in the military as such...not Irish-American, Scottish-American, English- American...just American. I do not display the flags of any other country on my car, and never will until and unless I am prepared to move to that country and become a citizen. I do not wrap my license plate in chains, as I have fought my ... off to preserve freedom, not slavery, in the USA.

I truly believe the current "issues" that dominate our so-called journalistic reporting are simply diversions. Emotional issues to deflect our attention from the real issues that the elected officials seem to be incapable of or unwilling to handle.

Friends...the Confederate flag, same sex marriage, common core, etc...are not the issues that can bring down our great country.

We have an economy that is precariously close to collapse, trade problems, uncontrollable debt, foreign policy that is alienating us to most of the world....these are the problems. Wake up!

It's easy to take down the Confederate flag. Not so much to develop a clear foreign policy with Israel. Take the flag off the "Dukes" car...really? Don't let Ol Miss be "the Rebels"...OK. What has this crap done for us lately?

I'm not interested in giving the Queen of England an iPod. I'd rather give her an iron clad agreement that they can count on us to walk lock-step with them into the treacherous world we inhabit.

I truly fear that our career politicians have lost sight of anything that is not "expedient."

I don't have the answer, but I will work every day for the rest of my life to help spread the word, and take our country back from the idiots in control today.
God Bless America!
How about lies, deceptions, and diversions, then add to that lack of INTEGRITY. Please TERM limits to get rid of the rat infestation in D. C.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.