Maine man shoots off firework from his head; ends badly

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Devon Staples and his friends had been drinking and setting off fireworks Saturday night in the backyard of a friend's home in the small eastern Maine city of Calais, said Stephen McCausland, a spokesman for the state Department of Public Safety. Staples, 22, of Calais, placed a fireworks mortar tube on his head and set it off, he said.

The firework exploded, killing Staples instantly, McCausland said.
http://news.yahoo.com/police-man-shoots-off-firework-top-head-dies-135937499.html

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I was once shooting off bottle rockets and decided to launch them from an old glass coke bottle. When one exploded prematurely, and took the bottle with it, that served as a lesson to me that I didn't want any part of my body to suffer similar consequences.

Y'all just go ahead and launch them from your own body parts. Go ahead. I dare ya..

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
This reminds me of a hugger (can cooler) I saw once that said, "Attention stupid people: Remember to breathe."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It says in the thread I linked he had a job as Disney characters. I'm guessing either Goofy or Dopey.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You really get the idea that Gator Bait and Cranium Cannon are twin brothers of different mothers, don'tcha?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Catfish - I gotta say this and no offense intended - but every time I see your name (speaking of dumb folks doing stupid things), I think of Manti Teo, who got "Catfish"-ed.

Sorry man, but I do.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Catfish - I gotta say this and no offense intended - but every time I see your name (speaking of dumb folks doing stupid things), I think of Manti Teo, who got "Catfish"-ed.

Sorry man, but I do.
No offense taken. All through the Teo story I never made the connection until somebody here made a comment about it. After that, I couldn't NOT laugh about it whenever I saw the term. I took the name Catfish from Lewis Grizzard's dog that he referenced in a lot of his columns. I had another name years ago on TF. But, after I didn't use it for a few years, I couldn't remember what it was. So, when I started coming here again, I just created a new account.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
No offense taken. All through the Teo story I never made the connection until somebody here made a comment about it. After that, I couldn't NOT laugh about it whenever I saw the term. I took the name Catfish from Lewis Grizzard's dog that he referenced in a lot of his columns. I had another name years ago on TF. But, after I didn't use it for a few years, I couldn't remember what it was. So, when I started coming here again, I just created a new account.
i think we found nybf

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.