Link: Film Study: Why Gifted Alabama WR Robert Foster will Wreck the SEC

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

There are three things that are promised in life: death, taxes and the ability of University of Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin to find a wide receiver he will heavily lean on to near record-breaking seasons.

While he’s now closely associated with quarterback development after his Houdini-like transformation of former Crimson Tide QB Blake Sims — whom he took from a “glorified running back” to one of the most efficient passers in Tide history — and his development of former University of Southern California QB Matt Barkley, as well as University of Tennessee product Jonathan Crompton, he started out making a name for himself in this business by way of the WR.

He started off in 2002 at Southern Cal — as the WR coach — with “Big” Mike Williams, the 6’5″, 240-pound true freshman, who generated an astounding 1,265 yards on 81 catches with 14 touchdowns. He followed that up with 95 receptions for 1,314 yards and 16 TDs. And had he not challenged the NFL for early entry into the 2004 draft, which he ultimately lost and had to miss a season of football over, he would’ve easily broken the 100-catch barrier on a team with Reggie Bush and Lendale White racking up yardage on the ground.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I saw this yesterday on Facebook. It seems like Robert has his head on straight and is poised for a big year. I was worried he might transfer, but it looks like he's bought into the system now. I can't wait to see him this year.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If we can get Ardarius on single coverage all year long.....and if Black can be that Caddell type 3rd down receiver.....and Foster can be the main target.... it could be fun this year....

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If we can get Ardarius on single coverage all year long.....and if Black can be that Caddell type 3rd down receiver.....and Foster can be the main target.... it could be fun this year....
Let's not forget Mulberry, the WR Transfer... and then on top of that, Ridley... It's going to be real nasty! I think we will force the team to play us single coverage, which bodes well for Drake. We will force team to put their LBs on our WR..... We're going to stretch their defense to the point where we will exploit them left and right.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Let's not forget Mulberry, the WR Transfer... and then on top of that, Ridley... It's going to be real nasty! I think we will force the team to play us single coverage, which bodes well for Drake. We will force team to put their LBs on our WR..... We're going to stretch their defense to the point where we will exploit them left and right.
It all bodes well IF we can find a quarterback who can get them the ball.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I don't think Blake Sims gets enough credit for his transformation and LK gets too much. It was Sims who got with a QB coach and worked his tail off in the off season. How much LK had to do with that I don't know, but I do know Sims had a lot to do with it.

That said, I hope another QB and WR step forward this year.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I don't think Blake Sims gets enough credit for his transformation and LK gets too much. It was Sims who got with a QB coach and worked his tail off in the off season. How much LK had to do with that I don't know, but I do know Sims had a lot to do with it.

That said, I hope another QB and WR step forward this year.
Two names: Matt Barkley and Jonathan Crompton -- look at their numbers with LK and without......

Blake Sims set all-time records.....at an all-time school. The flamed out of CFL Tryouts.....I loved Blake .... but don't give him too much credit.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I don't think it's an either-or situation. They both were involved, obviously. And no one (that I know of) ever mistook Sims for a pro caliber QB. I am talking about amounts of credit. I feel Sims gets too little credit, LK too much. That doesn't mean it was all Sims and LK had nothing to do with it. That would be silly. We can agree to disagree.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't think it's an either-or situation. They both were involved, obviously. And no one (that I know of) ever mistook Sims for a pro caliber QB. I am talking about amounts of credit. I feel Sims gets too little credit, LK too much. That doesn't mean it was all Sims and LK had nothing to do with it. That would be silly. We can agree to disagree.
Kiffin gets the credit for calling plays and the offense to best suit Blake's talents.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
He's the real deal. He should've been on the opposite side of Cooper last year... *cough* *Cough*
Foster was not ready last year. He didn't take to coaching very well when he first got here. I think he is just now coming into his own and learning how to do all the little things right.

No way was he going to play over DeAndrew White. A senior who was a great blocker and route runner.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
He and OJ Howard both need to have big seasons this yr or risk becoming 5 stars that are remembered mainly for what they accomplished in HS instead of college.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.