SF: Riley Norris, Arthur Edwards
PF: Shannon Hale, Michael Kessens, Riley Norris
C: Jimmy Taylor, Danta Hall, Michael Kessens

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
NOTE: It is GREAT to finally see a UA basketball team that utilizes all 13 available schollys.
This was such a horrible issue with Grant. I'd ask, and the excuse I'd get might be well so and so left and bla bla, next year. The thing is, scholarships should never go to waste if at all possible. Sure, you don't just throw them around like candy, you use them for a reason, but if you look at that class (assuming no transfers, which we know will happen), 6 of those are gone in two seasons. Grant just didn't seem to know what to do with the scholarships, I'm glad someone has figured out that they are there to use.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
This was such a horrible issue with Grant. I'd ask, and the excuse I'd get might be well so and so left and bla bla, next year. The thing is, scholarships should never go to waste if at all possible. Sure, you don't just throw them around like candy, you use them for a reason, but if you look at that class (assuming no transfers, which we know will happen), 6 of those are gone in two seasons. Grant just didn't seem to know what to do with the scholarships, I'm glad someone has figured out that they are there to use.
100% agreed. With so many JUCO kids, transfers, and graduate transfers available there is almost no reason not to have 13 on scholarship every year. Aggressive roster management is absolutely essential is this day and age of collegiate athletics.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Couple of points about the roster:

[1] The posted roster does not agree with rolltide.com http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/alab-m-baskbl-mtt.html
Lawson Schaffer and Christian Clark?

[2] Do we KNOW everyone on the roster is on scholarship?

[3] It is probably good not to have Grant in charge of our roster.
The roster on rolltide.com includes walk-ons. I considered adding them to the list above but decided to stick with just the scholarship players. I think the only question would be Avery Johnson Jr, is he on scholly or is he a walk-on? I think the general consensus is that he is on scholly. If so, here is the list of walk-ons:

Christian Clark SF So
Lawson Schaffer G FR

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Removed Eubanks from the roster. That hurts. We have 10 scholarship players that are eligible to play this season. I hope there is a one-and-done player out there we could bring in just to fill out the roster for both practice and to provide 5 fouls.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.