Keith Olbermann Out at ESPN

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
You hire a crazy person and then fire them for being crazy.....

I hope he sues ESPN.....

I hate the dude, BUT, he was one of the best ever on Sportscenter....when he and Patrick were in their prime.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I pay so little attention to anyone at ESPN that I haven't even seen him since he got back.

Not trying to brag but my own analysis is better than 95% of what I see on ESPN. They come up with a stupid story and skew the data to prove the outcome. More than once I've had an opinion, investigated the statistical setup and realized my own "feeling" about something was flat out wrong. (I would never have guessed the won-loss record of Bobby Ross was as poor as it actually is, for example). I've defended Shug Jordan, debated the BCS, and taken up for other schools that I despise more than once. That's what ANALYSTS do - and I RARELY see anything approaching analysis on ESPN. (Two guys who DO do their homework are Herbstreit and Blackledge. You may not agree with them but they DO their legwork on their own or have aides/interns with impeccable research skills or both).

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I pay so little attention to anyone at ESPN that I haven't even seen him since he got back.

Not trying to brag but my own analysis is better than 95% of what I see on ESPN. They come up with a stupid story and skew the data to prove the outcome. More than once I've had an opinion, investigated the statistical setup and realized my own "feeling" about something was flat out wrong. (I would never have guessed the won-loss record of Bobby Ross was as poor as it actually is, for example). I've defended Shug Jordan, debated the BCS, and taken up for other schools that I despise more than once. That's what ANALYSTS do - and I RARELY see anything approaching analysis on ESPN. (Two guys who DO do their homework are Herbstreit and Blackledge. You may not agree with them but they DO their legwork on their own or have aides/interns with impeccable research skills or both).
That is pretty much American journalism in general. Research is so hard.
I can say I promise never to miss Olbermann. Ever. He is the worst of a really, really bad group.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Unless they re-hire Brando, I'm not sure that's possible.

Come to think of it, who's the more arrogant blowhard: Olbermann or Brando?
Olbermann.

Brando does seem to have a point at which he'll shut it off, and he also knows that folks are NOT interested in him trolling political waters. Olbermann can't tell when he's gone from one job to the other, and I don't think even he actually believes even half the stuff that comes out of his sewer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.