Link: Tuscaloosa News: Kenny Stabler Passes Away

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
... my earliest memories of BAMA football are of Stabler working his magic on the field :smile:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The Tuscaloosa News, Cecil Hurt, and Aaron Suttles have all deleted tweets to the article about Stabler's death. Something doesn't seem right about this.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The Tuscaloosa News, Cecil Hurt, and Aaron Suttles have all deleted tweets to the article about Stabler's death. Something doesn't seem right about this.

Yeah......I just Googled Kenny Stabler and got nothing about his death. Normally it would be hitting the Internet hard.

I hope this is a mistake.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Sad to hear...he lost his fight with colon cancer. I just heard it on the local Mobile news.

I'll miss you Snake...

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Every sports news source except ESPN has reported it. Fox Sports, 24/7, other Alabama large media outlets. The Tuscaloosa News just tweeted that they inadvertently sent out an article they had been working on regarding his passing, so apparently he is sick and not doing well? They made it sound like they were getting it ready for when he passed away. Why else would you be preparing an obituary type story? So sad for his family.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Every sports news source except ESPN has reported it. Fox Sports, 24/7, other Alabama large media outlets. The Tuscaloosa News just tweeted that they inadvertently sent out an article they had been working on regarding his passing, so apparently he is sick and not doing well? They made it sound like they were getting it ready for when he passed away. Why else would you be preparing an obituary type story? So sad for his family.
Supposedly, this has been a rumor all day on other message boards. Appears they were in the process of confirming when it was published.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

He had prostate cancer.

(Edit) was reported by 5 news in Mobile. It was actually colon cancer.

Last edited:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I feel about the way I felt the day Coach Bryant passed ...... no more words. :frown: :frown: :frown:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.