Link: FSU RB Dalvin Cook Under Investigation for Battery

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
This school has gotten away with way too much for too long. It's time something be done about this...
I agree. At the same time we probably recruited the same players they did. While fans snicker at Mark Richt for having to suspend and release players every year, what if he were to turn a blind eye along with the local police? UGA has lost some games they shouldn't but I respect Mark for at least trying to set an example regardless of which player is breaking the rules.

Saban does it too, but not every coach cares about players that are only going to play 3 years and go pro. Their attitude has been ingrained ever since they outplayed their peers in pee wee ball. Now with all the money pouring in from TV revenue it will get worse.

I liked NASCAR before TV made it what is unwatchable today.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
^^^^ What a little dirt bag punk! Picks only on those who are defenseless.....he'll get his one day and I hope when it happens he'll end up somewhere where he can no longer inflict pain on those who cannot defend themselves! :mad:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
July 13, 2015

Dear Friends,

I want to report to you that I met with Head Football Coach Jimbo Fisher, the assistant coaches and the Florida State University football team this afternoon.

In light of recent off-field incidents, I reiterated to our players that they simply cannot put themselves in situations that reflect poor behavior or cause harm to others. They must remember that playing football for FSU is a privilege, not a right. The actions of a few have the capacity to do serious damage to the reputation of our entire university. I told them their coaches, the Athletics administration and I will do all we can to support them and help them learn the values we expect them to uphold. But they will be held accountable for their actions.

I also told the coaches what is expected of them. The administration will support them in their efforts to provide mentors, teach life skills and do whatever is needed to help our student-athletes be good students and good citizens. Coach Fisher and Athletics Director Stan Wilcox are developing a strong plan to help our student-athletes understand the consequences of poor behavior. As they move forward with that plan, I will continue to communicate with you regarding steps that will be taken. I will also invite professionals who deal with these matters to visit the team soon.

As I’ve said before, the vast majority of our student-athletes are good students and positive role models who contribute to their university and their communities. But the actions of a very few are tarnishing the reputation of our outstanding institution. We need to do better, and I want to assure you changes will be made to address these concerns.

There are so many incredible things happening at Florida State University in academics and athletics. That’s a headline we’d all like to see.

Sincerely,

John Thrasher
Link

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
^^^^ What a little dirt bag punk! Picks only on those who are defenseless.....he'll get his one day and I hope when it happens he'll end up somewhere where he can no longer inflict pain on those who cannot defend themselves! :mad:
Yep, beating up on women and cruelty to puppies. I think we`d be pretty safe in crawling out on a limb and calling this kid a thug. Unfortunately, not a whole lot of evidence, IMHO, that Jimbo and the crew at FSU will set him on the straight and narrow. Yes, we should be careful when it come s to throwing stones since we`ve had our own problems. But damn......! Looks like FSU wants to be the new U ( I don`t remember even those guys being cruel to puppies, but then again, I probably just missed it !).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.