News Article: Kenyan Drake Ready to Ignite Alabama Offense

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

The burning sensation resonating from Kenyan Drake's left leg told him something was seriously wrong.

Moments after two Ole Miss defenders converged on Alabama's dynamic running back -- one hitting him high, as the other went low -- Drake lay on the turf inside Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, sun shining down, looking at his left ankle twisted in the opposite direction.

Shock and the fear of a football-less future immediately sunk in for Drake, who could have flirted with an early departure to the NFL after his junior season with his 1,381 career yards of total offense. The little pain he experienced vanished from a speedy setting of his ankle by Alabama's medical staff, but after just four plays in the game -- and his only touch being a catastrophic one -- Drake was carted off the field with a broken leg and a dislocated ankle.

“It was pretty gnarly. It was pretty bad," senior center Ryan Kelly said of the sight of Drake's leg after the injury.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think we would have won the NC if Kenyan had not got hurt. I am looking forward to seeing him go off this year and go high in the NFL draft.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
That was an ugly injury, but I hope Kenyan kicks this year in the backside and goes on to a great career in the NFL. I will really miss watching him in crimson.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I honestly believe earlier in his career if he had had the work ethic of Trent or Mark there is no telling how good he could have been. If he manages to stay healthy his versatility, power and speed will be a nightmare for opposing DCs. His explosiveness is truly game changing. I would love to see him rotating with Henry, yet another nightmare. Getting him the ball will be Kiffin's job 1.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I honestly believe earlier in his career if he had had the work ethic of Trent or Mark there is no telling how good he could have been. If he manages to stay healthy his versatility, power and speed will be a nightmare for opposing DCs. His explosiveness is truly game changing. I would love to see him rotating with Henry, yet another nightmare. Getting him the ball will be Kiffin's job 1.
It's crazy to think how quickly Drakes career has passed. Two years wasted In and out of the doghouse and last year tragically cut short after he seemed to get it together. I really hope we see him get to make up for lost time this year. I do think kiffin had big plans for him last year and we were just beginning to see it. Should be plenty more chances now with coop gone.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I think we would have won the NC if Kenyan had not got hurt. I am looking forward to seeing him go off this year and go high in the NFL draft.
For what its worth, we poke fun at the Texas folks for the "If Colt hadn't been hurt..." mindset.

We shouldn't dip to their level. :)

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
If Henry had been handed the ball more often with running plays to the left...

Good news for two reasons. The main is that Drake is an exceptional player and very versatile. The other is that the depth for experienced running backs is lacking.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.