Question: How Much Do You See the Offense Changing This Year?

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I was curious what the people on this board think about this year's offense. I haven't found a better board with more informed fans of any team. The statement by O.J. Howard has had me thinking about this. He said, "Kind of more shotgun, more high-tempo, so you have to learn the plays really fast and get off the ball really quick." I would like to see the offense go Oregon fast with the players we have, and a mindset of lets maul them over and over. The shotgun part of the statement doesn't really lend itself to that unless the thought process is spread them out then pound them up the middle. The offensive line we have lends itself to good run blocking, at least on paper. I have never been a fan of this HUNH crap, but if the rules aren't going to change to bring a little more balance back to the game I'm all for let's bury them at their own game. The funny part is if Bama did this and was extremely successful at it then the cry would be we have to slow the game down. ;) RTR 4-LIFE!!!

kapeman

Dec 13, 2011
We will have to do a lot better job this year than last year in the run blocking dept. I think having Mr. Drake back will add a wildcard aspect to our offense.

We just need the line to be more consistent and perform at a higher level than last year, especially given the situation at QB.

With Kenyan, El Tractorcito and our receivers, would should be a nightmare for any opposing DC.

Last edited:

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Thanks. That does fit in with the O.J. Howard comment. I'm really excited. The OL talent we have now is just better than the last couple of years. I expect better run blocking this year.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Hopefully the offense will be very similar to how the offense was last year with the additions of utilizing the TEs more and a lot more Henry running behind Cam..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Hopefully it changes so that when we are running it down someone's throat, we keep on doing it until they choke on it. I'd vote for that change.

Seriously, didn't we run a lot of shotgun last year?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Last night, I watched a replay of A-Day on ESPNU. I recall a third and about five play where Coker was in shotgun and handed the ball to Henry. McElroy commented that all five QBs are more comfortable in shotgun than they are under center (makes sense because the majority of high school offenses are under center). Therefore, I suspect we'll do more of that.

Saban made the comment yesterday about using two tight-ends more now that Nudie is gone and specifically named OJ and Ty Flournoy-Smith as the two players.

Would not be surprised to see Alabama run a similar type offense to that of the Patriots -- good use of the passing game by incorporating the tight ends to go along with the wide receivers while maintaining a solid rushing attack.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Would not be surprised to see Alabama run a similar type offense to that of the Patriots -- good use of the passing game by incorporating the tight ends to go along with the wide receivers while maintaining a solid rushing attack.
Just make sure to keep the right amount of air in the football!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.