Link: Southern Miss has a New Logo Because Iowa Thought Old One was Trademark Infringement

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
Iowa will go after Chick-fil-A trademark next.:rolleyes:

So, will the new version for USM pass the test against Iowa's logo?

ETA: I don't see how this was considered an infringement in the first place. With so many teams and so many similar mascots between various schools, there have to be logo's that match closer than these.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Lots of high schools "borrow" college or professional logos. Oftentimes the schools appropriate them without asking and nothing happens because no one cares. Some teams vigorously go after schools that borrow their trademarks though.

There are dozens of schools that use the New England Patriots logo, 6 in Alabama alone. Over 100 high schools use the Packers logo, about 10 in Alabama. From college Clemson, Purdue, Kansas State, Michigan and Michigan State all have logos that are frequently used by high school programs.

The middle school I teach at stole Florida State's logo and it's used several times around the school. We're the Indians and have the same color scheme. I've found an Indian head logo that I've never seen anywhere else that I use to brand our school since, you know, I wouldn't wear FSU stuff if you paid me.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.