When does life begin? (Your opinion)

At What point do you think life begins?

• Total voters

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The Planned Parenthood scandal that has just surfaced raises quite a few questions.....

I don't know if this has been asked on here -- not that I could find. But I'd love to have a poll......When do you think life begins?

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It's at conception.

If scientists want us to believe that a single cell amoeba on some distant planet equates to finding life in space, then you must apply the same to life on Earth.

Therefore, life begins at conception. An amoeba cannot be alive if the even more complex embryo of an unborn child is not alive.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It's at conception.

If scientists want us to believe that a single cell amoeba on some distant planet equates to finding life in space, then you must apply the same to life on Earth.

Therefore, life begins at conception. An amoeba cannot be alive if the even more complex embryo of an unborn child is not alive.
**** LIKE ****

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
A more productive question might be when a fetus should have constitutional/legal protection.

Just make sure that "When it files articles of incorporation" in an option.
Maybe that's not the question I wanted to ask. Maybe I wanted to know everyone's opinion of "when does life begin"? I'm guessing in your opinion, that question is less productive, because it creates a line of morality.....and that's always scary for some.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
It's at conception.

Not the path I went to in order to get to the same spot, but we arrived at the same place.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Maybe that's not the question I wanted to ask. Maybe I wanted to know everyone's opinion of "when does life begin"? I'm guessing in your opinion, that question is less productive, because it creates a line of morality.....and that's always scary for some.
or maybe you're just asking that question so that you can make yourself feel morally superior to folks with whom you disagree...that's always comforting for some

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
or maybe you're just asking that question so that you can make yourself feel morally superior to folks with whom you disagree...that's always comforting for everyone
Because even the biggest skunk can say he's glad he's not Jerry Sandusky.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
You commented on the lack of response, so I suggested an alternative question that might provide more response, and a discussion that might have been something other than easy knee-jerk responses...and that's always scary for some.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I realize that nothing new is going to be learned.....

The righties, the lefties and the Libertarians will generally all line up on this issue as expected.....

I just like giving the Lefties a chance to be snarky, rude, ugly.....and all of the usual responses......and ya'll haven't failed to "represent"

Roll Tide!

And one last thing....I don't care if anyone votes....I just was making an observation about how many seemed to be apprehensive to vote.....

Last edited:

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
If life begins at conception then there is no bigger abortionist than God (or nature depending on your view)
I understand your logic, but is God also a murderer of all those who die of old age or other natural causes? And if a baby is only considered alive once it can live in the world on its own, then do we also consider everyone dead if they are on mechanical life support or too feeble to survive without the significant help of others? I believe that natural death in and out of the uterus are a natural part of life.

Life begins at conception for me. I'm speaking from years of medical practice, of watching heartbeats of babies as early as 6 weeks (4 weeks post-conception), of watching fetal movements before 20 weeks that would put even the most energetic newborns to shame. The active fetus is proof that it is not dead...and if something is not dead then is it not alive? There seem to be only 2 choices outside the uterus. Why do matters of convenience make it okay to have a third option in the uterus?

Thank you for the topic, Cajun.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
What is your point? A) babies in the womb dying prove God does not exist; so everything is relative B) Babies dying in the womb prove God is a murderer and so it is alright for me to support it. C) The main thing, God or no God, is my life is all about me and if people want to get rid of their babies that is their life. The argument that pain in the world proves God doesn't exist or is an arbitrary tyrant is hardly original. Why not just state what you think.
If life begins at conception then there is no bigger abortionist than God (or nature depending on your view)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.