One Guy's Opinion About a Middle Ground with the 2nd Amendment

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
"Tough guys" who are anxious to die for the cause so they can move on to virgins who are unaware of just how small their junk is. OTOH, they're afraid to show their faces. Must be some exclusion from heaven for those who get killed by a drone...
RPG's have to hit a certain speed to arm. It ain't happening in that scenario but the guy would still have a nice size hole in his head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Personally I feel much better when a well vetted person buys a fully capable AK47 through regulated channels than when some yahoo walks into a gun show and walks out with an untraceable firearm of any kind.
The last gun show that I went to here in North Alabama I bought a gun and it was registered on the spot.

Shoeless

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2010
I guess someone had to throw a stink bomb in here so I will. I don't believe that the federal government should have any say in which guns or who owns them. They have proven to be an unreliable partner in regards to protecting individual rights.

If a liberal utopian state believes that strict gun control is the answer, then I don't have any issues except that I will never live there and likely won't visit very often.

To my point, some states show very little restraint when they become offended by individual rights.

http://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.c...t-s-town-adopts-protest-ordinance-6388008.php

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I guess someone had to throw a stink bomb in here so I will. I don't believe that the federal government should have any say in which guns or who owns them. They have proven to be an unreliable partner in regards to protecting individual rights.

If a liberal utopian state believes that strict gun control is the answer, then I don't have any issues except that I will never live there and likely won't visit very often.

To my point, some states show very little restraint when they become offended by individual rights.

http://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.c...t-s-town-adopts-protest-ordinance-6388008.php
This isn't a stinky post. I tend to agree with you on this matter.

Shoeless

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2010
This isn't a stinky post. I tend to agree with you on this matter.
It just seemed that the tone of the thread was that "sensible" gun control should be considered. I don't agree with that at all. I don't have a problem with machine guns, 100 round drums, open carry, concealed carry or pretty much anything else. I do have a problem with politicians from the left coast,the northeast or even Mississippi having any authority or say so in regards to my rights in Alabama. I was born here but I choose to stay because I believe it to better than many of the so called progressive states. It is a long way from perfect and there are signs that we even don't understand freedom very well in Alabama but for the most part I can live with the few problems. (And the football is good too.)

CrimsonSnake

3rd Team
Aug 21, 2002
Huntsville, ALABAMA, USA
"Adopt RULES that make it harder for CRIMINALS and the MENTALLY ILL to obtain firearms."

Yeah, thats a sure winner because we all know that neither group would break a RULE, don't we?

:rolleye2:
Remember too of you haven't been adjudicated mentally ill then no background check is going to find it. Front porch crazy isn't mental illness by legal statute.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Remember too of you haven't been adjudicated mentally ill then no background check is going to find it. Front porch crazy isn't mental illness by legal statute.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yes, other than commitment or recorded convictions, the form is largely on the honor system at present...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.