Petition to add Big Boi and Andre 3000 to Stone Mountain while leaving the monument..

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Wow...you sound like you just stepped right out of the hood.
its like trying to watch the censored version of scar face. i don't listen to much rap, but i do enjoy it occasionally. and living on the south side, i over hear it a lot. its not so much the language as much as it is the break in the sound when they censor out certain words. it just doesn't sound right.

the little bit of hood "cred" i might have is that i live in the same neighborhood as tri-cities high school, but i'm pretty much a dorky white dude.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
its like trying to watch the censored version of scar face. i don't listen to much rap, but i do enjoy it occasionally. and living on the south side, i over hear it a lot. its not so much the language as much as it is the break in the sound when they censor out certain words. it just doesn't sound right.

the little bit of hood "cred" i might have is that i live in the same neighborhood as tri-cities high school, but i'm pretty much a dorky white dude.
I worked in kitchens in Tuscaloosa to pay for school, I was force fed hip-hop and honestly love some of it.

If you haven't before check out Aesop Rock

I'm completely with you on censored rap. I search out the clean versions for here out of respect for Brett and Tidefans policies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I worked in kitchens in Tuscaloosa to pay for school, I was force fed hip-hop and honestly love some of it.

If you haven't before check out Aesop Rock

I'm completely with you on censored rap. I search out the clean versions for here out of respect for Brett and Tidefans policies.
nice, i've not heard that before

where all did you work? i did stints at the sheraton, princetons and the old train station, about 2 years worth. i learned a lot working in kitchens, but honestly, i hated it. my brother was trained as a chef, but left that life after a few years. he can still cook like nobody's business though.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Probably one of the dumbest petitions I've ever heard. Nothing more than an attempt at a permanent troll job.

Booker T Washington, George Washington Carver, even MLK, sure. Two rap dudes? Come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Also, not real fond of Internet petitions being the impetus for state policy. One, can't really verify the signers are from the state. Two, it makes it super easy for frivolous stuff like this to be brought before state representatives with little more thought than "lulz why not". And they will probably go along for some brief political points.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Half of Mt. Rushmore is dedicated to slaveowners. They need to go. Teddy Roosevelt was a big game hunter, does that not bother PETA?

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Half of Mt. Rushmore is dedicated to slaveowners. They need to go. Teddy Roosevelt was a big game hunter, does that not bother PETA?

The irony is if not for Roosevelt there would be no big game to hunt. Another is Lincoln is the one that doesn't deserve to be there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.