Link: Cowherd gone from ESPN

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I kind of liked him. I just never took anything he said personal about Alabama or Coach Saban. He talked about different stuff that I just can't hear around here on local sports talk radio. Now Danny Kanell on the other hand, can't stand him.
Like.

If Cowherd was the worst talking head we had to deal with, we would be in pretty good shape.

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Now, if we can just get rid of father-son duo in that ridiculous show in the early evening - Si or nay -- or something like that. Incredibly miserable television.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I, for one, think "Corporate America", is what's "Wrong" with America.
It seems to me, right or wrong, that the corporate head's at ESPN, got together, and determined that they should get rid of anyone with any actual unbiased human intelligence, and replace them with a collective group of complete biased dumb asses called "Galloway, Palmer, Kanell, and Sons"...
I used to turn on ESPN TV every morning, or listen to ESPN Radio. I never watch at all now, never tune in, and I don't miss it at all.
I don't won't to watch or hear a group of idiots who have no clue about anything except their biased opinions.
sip

tidegrandpa

All-American
I, for one, think "Corporate America", is what's "Wrong" with America.
It seems to me, right or wrong, that the corporate head's at ESPN, got together, and determined that they should get rid of anyone with any actual unbiased human intelligence, and replace them with a collective group of complete biased dumb asses called "Galloway, Palmer, Kanell, and Sons"...
I used to turn on ESPN TV every morning, or listen to ESPN Radio. I never watch at all now, never tune in, and I don't miss it at all.
I don't won't to watch or hear a group of idiots who have no clue about anything except their biased opinions.
sip
Agreed, but 'Corporate' reflects the gubment it serves under.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
If everyone's favorite sport caster had to talk for a solid hour every day I think he would come off pretty silly. I have listened to ESPN radio and their "non-stop talkers" contradict themselves pretty often. I give them all a break cause they have to be motor mouths. Ever know a motor mouth who didn't contradict himself?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think everyone needs to remember that Cowherd is paid to be an an entertainer and probably doesn't believe half of what he says. Otoh - he was Jim McElwain's roommate at EWU and he has taken up for us multiple times. Everyone here remembers the ridiculous trolling prediction of Malzahn going to win consecutive national titles but on the morning after we beat Texas he was saying he didn't want to hear anything about Colt McCoy's injury and that it didn't matter. He also defended us when the whole antler spray thing came out, saying he had seen what we did to be such a great team and everybody else was going to have to catch up.

His voice is somewhat whiny but he's not the worst nor the best. He'll never be as "posing as stupid" as Skip Bayless because that's impossible.

And Bayless just says stuff to elicit a rise. I think his whole Tebow schtick was just that and nothing more.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
At one point, a while back, he was only annoying to me.

But after his comments about our state, particularly calling Alabama "tornado bait", I began ignoring him altogether. Finebaum had him on to clarify, or at the very least, apologize. He came on, but refused to apologize, and "stood by his comments". I, um, dislike him.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
To try and talk about sports every single day for 2 or 3 hrs would seem to be a monumental task. I'd never want that to be my job.

It's like watching the same entertainer each day of the year. You've got to change the channel sometimes. Any of them are only as good as the writers of the material.

spacemountain

Suspended
Apr 2, 2015
I actually enjoy listening to Cowherd's take on things - I don't get the same level of thought process from other analyst/commentators.

But if he's yakking away about NBA stuff - I'm not interested. College football - yeah I'm in.
I guess I'm in the minority, but I like Cowherd. Have even called in to his show a few times.

I love Paul Finebaum, but can't stand his show.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
Anyone who knows my post, knows I look at ESPN as the evil empire. But, what else is there? Fox & CBS invest heavy in Pro football. NBC thinks ND is the only CFB team & opponents are like those selected to play the globe trotters.

Cowherd is no different than any other ESPN guy, I just can't stomach any of these folks talking.

If they really want to help ESPN ratings, fire Beth Mullins, her voice is like fingernails on a caulk board.

Stopped listening to Pawl long ago.

I do like Reece & Mark May / Holtz was fantastic.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
After some racial remarks, ESPN has sent him out the Federal Express way - overnight.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/...-espn-air-comments-dominican-republic-players

Let me be blunt WHY I think this is funny - Colin has spent years ripping on "Southern white guys" and their "consensus opinions" about the Confederate flag, pretending basically that everyone who likes the flag is a racist and for that matter that every white person WANTS the Rebel flag flying (which is part of why he's said he likes Spurrier).

So to hear such a person basically get fired for some twisted racial remarks is - to my mind - a punch line writing itself.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I see no issue with what he said. Most of that nation is poor and under developed so it's only natural the education system is junk. I think it's fitting that the Dominican player didn't understand him even after his small paragraph of explanation.

Hooray for pc. <----sarcasm, no blue font

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I see no issue with what he said. Most of that nation is poor and under developed so it's only natural the education system is junk. I think it's fitting that the Dominican player didn't understand him even after his small paragraph of explanation.

Hooray for pc. <----sarcasm, no blue font
I don't, either to be honest with you. All he was saying as I got it was, "The DR isn't exactly the USA, the UK, China, or whatever in terms of turning out high-brow intellectuals."

I GET that. But given his ASSUMPTIONS before that "pro-Confederate flag" equals 'racist' - i just find the irony amusing.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
If Cowherd wasn't already on his way out, ESPN wouldn't have batted an eye at this. Seriously, he says more offensive stuff all the time. ESPN has been trying too hard to come across as socially aware.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.