Link: Cowherd gone from ESPN

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If Cowherd wasn't already on his way out, ESPN wouldn't have batted an eye at this. Seriously, he says more offensive stuff all the time. ESPN has been trying too hard to come across as socially aware.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
That's also true; they kept Racist Rob Parker around forever along with the ever race-baiting Jemele Hill.

But in my view their giving Caitlyn Bruce the forum they did put them so far out of line with reality that.....I mean, really.

I actually give Colin a bit of credit. He's not a boycotting kind of guy. He has pointed out that just because you like a Snickers bar doesn't mean you approve of the personal prejudices of the guy who makes Snickers. Too many folks need to realize that fact and that's the one thing I DID like about him.

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010
They wouldn't have fired him if he hadn't already announced he was leaving at the end of his contract. This was just a PR move by ESPN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I don't, either to be honest with you. All he was saying as I got it was, "The DR isn't exactly the USA, the UK, China, or whatever in terms of turning out high-brow intellectuals."

I GET that. But given his ASSUMPTIONS before that "pro-Confederate flag" equals 'racist' - i just find the irony amusing.
I thought you were smart? don't you know it is only ok to make fun and call stupid white southerners?

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
it is ironic, and stupidly pc, that he got fired. what he said was the truth and that is my problem with pc behavior: the truth is not tolerated.
If Cowherd wasn't already on his way out, ESPN wouldn't have batted an eye at this. Seriously, he says more offensive stuff all the time. ESPN has been trying too hard to come across as socially aware.
I thought you were smart? don't you know it is only ok to make fun and call stupid white southerners?
Amen.

Amen.

And Amen...

Last edited:
After some racial remarks, ESPN has sent him out the Federal Express way - overnight.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/...-espn-air-comments-dominican-republic-players

Let me be blunt WHY I think this is funny - Colin has spent years ripping on "Southern white guys" and their "consensus opinions" about the Confederate flag, pretending basically that everyone who likes the flag is a racist and for that matter that every white person WANTS the Rebel flag flying (which is part of why he's said he likes Spurrier).

So to hear such a person basically get fired for some twisted racial remarks is - to my mind - a punch line writing itself.
I didn't take it as racists. He's right.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.