Protesters Take Over Democrat Presidential Candidate Forum.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Sounds like good times for the Dems...

--The demonstrators started shouting and booing again when O'Malley said: "Black lives matter. White lives matter. All lives matter."

O'Malley later apologized for the remarks, telling This Week in Blackness, a digital news site, that he "meant no disrespect" to the black community.

"That was a mistake on my part and I meant no disrespect," O'Malley told the outlet.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/bernie-sanders-netroots-nation-black-lives-matter/index.html

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Sounds like good times for the Dems...

--The demonstrators started shouting and booing again when O'Malley said: "Black lives matter. White lives matter. All lives matter."

O'Malley later apologized for the remarks, telling This Week in Blackness, a digital news site, that he "meant no disrespect" to the black community.

"That was a mistake on my part and I meant no disrespect," O'Malley told the outlet.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/bernie-sanders-netroots-nation-black-lives-matter/index.html
Looks like it's going to be a fun election cycle. This one may rival 1968, but I pray not.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
So....... all lives don't matter?

I read an article someone put on Facebook today about how white people cant talk about racism because "the system" is set up to benefit white people and they don't even know it. It then said that all white people are racist because they are white. I don't even know who I am anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
So....... all lives don't matter?
They're not saying that. Proclaiming that a specific group of lives matter is not saying other lives don't matter. It's a minimization thing.

I read an article someone put on Facebook today about how white people cant talk about racism because "the system" is set up to benefit white people and they don't even know it.
That's ridiculous (the article, not you). I talk about the systemic racism in society all the time.

It does exist. There is a certain amount of privilege that comes from being born white. I guess the fact that I'm white discredits that statement. :rolleyes:

It then said that all white people are racist because they are white.
Also ridiculous. Though the system does unfairly benefit white people, that does not mean all white people are racist.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
They're not saying that. Proclaiming that a specific group of lives matter is not saying other lives don't matter. It's a minimization thing.

That's ridiculous (the article, not you). I talk about the systemic racism in society all the time.

It does exist. There is a certain amount of privilege that comes from being born white. I guess the fact that I'm white discredits that statement. :rolleyes:

Also ridiculous. Though the system does unfairly benefit white people, that does not mean all white people are racist.
What privilege would that be? This white privilege you speak of?

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
There should be some kind of rule for telling somebody they're wrong without explaining why. :aiwebs_027:
I have been passed over for promotions because I'm a white male and the job had to go to someone who wasn't. I know several others that have. This doesn't appear to be very uncommon.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I have been passed over for promotions because I'm a white male and the job had to go to someone who wasn't. I know several others that have. This doesn't appear to be very uncommon.
The record also includes numerous examples of students with superior academic credentials being jumped over by those with significantly lower credentials. We could also examine crime records and see a similar prevalence of racially motivated crimes.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
That may show that one class is discriminated against, but even if so would not prove another has immunity as you claim. Just because x may be true, it does nothing to prove y or z.
Oddly contradictory statement. If a class of folks are being discriminated against because of race, the class not being discriminated against based on race is immune by rule.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.